Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a mixed race couple in Venice today heading to LAX. Dad has large, bulky, oddly shaped luggage, barely fits in the car. It looked like an economy size duffel bag. I barely get it in the car. It had to be 80 pounds. Wait 5 minutes while he struggles to get the childseat hooked up.
Traffic's bad, a normally 10 minute trip is going to take 30, not counting superdad's inability to hook up a carseat in an expedient manner. Dad sits up front, mom and baby in back. Mom asks for water, I oblige. Kid is given the whole water bottle.
Unsurprisingly, kid drops it. Mom says it's a small spill, barely noticeable. Like a virgin boy in love with a stripper claiming it's her first time, I believe her.
Get to airport, the sperm donor struggles to remove the carseat. Kind of guy that has to take a two week vacation to put together an Ikea bookcase. He got a real good look at the damage in the backseat. Says nothing, tips me $2. Total fare came out to $13 for a 40 minute drive.
Leave airport, park and get a towel to clean the small spill. Discover a stain about the size of an opera singer's ass. Soaking wet. Towel doesn't do squat.
Sent Uber the pics, went to local carwash to get the stain out. Dame said it would be two hours. Went to get some local grub.
Been reminiscing about the ample bosom of my date from two days ago. Great gal, born in Nairobi, no accent. Smile that could melt the contents of an ice cream truck. Been thinking about that for an hour while sitting in an IHOP while conversing with my homosexual waiter. Nice guy, even if he does put things in his mouth I wouldn't.
Moral of the story, if you're in Venice Beach and come across this couple (white dad, ebony mom), steer clear, unless you want to spend a few hours cleaning up the mess.

Edit: I meant to say that I had to get the huge water spot taken care of before it stained, not that the water itself was a stain.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Take pictures immediately, file a damage report with Uber. Slob spilled Dr Pepper on my seat. Uber gave me $80 to clean.

Tell the pax to kick rocks.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Picked up a mixed race couple in Venice today heading to LAX. Dad has large, bulky, oddly shaped luggage, barely fits in the car. It looked like an economy size duffel bag. I barely get it in the car. It had to be 80 pounds. Wait 5 minutes while he struggles to get the childseat hooked up.
Traffic's bad, a normally 10 minute trip is going to take 30, not counting superdad's inability to hook up a carseat in an expedient manner. Dad sits up front, mom and baby in back. Mom asks for water, I oblige. Kid is given the whole water bottle.
Unsurprisingly, kid drops it. Mom says it's a small spill, barely noticeable. Like a virgin boy in love with a stripper claiming it's her first time, I believe her.
Get to airport, the sperm donor struggles to remove the carseat. Kind of guy that has to take a two week vacation to put together an Ikea bookcase. He got a real good look at the damage in the backseat. Says nothing, tips me $2. Total fare came out to $13 for a 40 minute drive.
Leave airport, park and get a towel to clean the small spill. Discover a stain about the size of an opera singer's ass. Soaking wet. Towel doesn't do squat.
Sent Uber the pics, went to local carwash to get the stain out. Dame said it would be two hours. Went to get some local grub.
Been reminiscing about the ample bosom of my date from two days ago. Great gal, born in Nairobi, no accent. Smile that could melt the contents of an ice cream truck. Been thinking about that for an hour while sitting in an IHOP while conversing with my homosexual waiter. Nice guy, even if he does put things in his mouth I wouldn't.
Moral of the story, if you're in Venice Beach and come across this couple (white dad, ebony mom), steer clear, unless you want to spend a few hours cleaning up the mess.
And they accused me of being a stereotyper and "racist" here. Lol.

So, yeah, I had one of these couples and their obvious bi male live-in/exchange student I picked up in the hipster 'hood. We had to load 2 baby strollers of some type, 3 other bulk items and had to wait for him to tie little Dakota up properly in the backseat (they were going to Chicago's FREE zoo but you would have thought they were going to Antarctica). So I guess I was trying to relax and blow this off by humming to a song on the radio. They asked me to sing. I told them that would be $25 per block. Then they asked if it was ok to feed lil Dakota. Sure, no problem but I was wondering why they couldn't feed the spawn before the trip or once they arrived at the picnic area at the zoo. These lil hipster hoodrats that can't keep their legs crossed left banana remants and chunks in my cupholders (plural).

This was Lyft. I 3*d to block them. My comments about them read "A little too much going on here for the rate. Left trash. Entitled. No tip."

P.S. The CTA (public transportation here) is allowed to refuse service to these double wide strollers and 1/2 their house they brought along to go shopping - or to the zoo. Remember the days of "Don't forget the diaper bag?" (singular)

And me? I'm just gay.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Anyone who doesn't know that placing a drink in a small child's hands ensures a spill is silly beyond belief. Don't give them anything that stains. And I have to second Moofish on the whole what the hell kind of bottled water are you giving pax that leave stains? Do tell me because I drink bottled water and I sure as hell want to avoid THAT brand.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone who doesn't know that placing a drink in a small child's hands ensures a spill is silly beyond belief. Don't give them anything that stains. And I have to second Moofish on the whole what the hell kind of bottled water are you giving pax that leave stains? Do tell me because I drink bottled water and I sure as hell want to avoid THAT brand.
I'll have to edit that. I meant that the wet spot was going to leave a stain if I didn't do something about it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And they accused me of being a stereotyper and "racist" here. Lol.

So, yeah, I had one of these couples and their obvious bi male live-in/exchange student I picked up in the hipster 'hood. We had to load 2 baby strollers of some type, 3 other bulk items and had to wait for him to tie little Dakota up properly in the backseat (they were going to Chicago's FREE zoo but you would have thought they were going to Antarctica). So I guess I was trying to relax and blow this off by humming to a song on the radio. They asked me to sing. I told them that would be $25 per block. Then they asked if it was ok to feed lil Dakota. Sure, no problem but I was wondering why they couldn't feed the spawn before the trip or once they arrived at the picnic area at the zoo. These lil hipster hoodrats that can't keep their legs crossed left banana remants and chunks in my cupholders (plural).

This was Lyft. I 3*d to block them. My comments about them read "A little too much going on here for the rate. Left trash. Entitled. No tip."

P.S. The CTA (public transportation here) is allowed to refuse service to these double wide strollers and 1/2 their house they brought along to go shopping - or to the zoo. Remember the days of "Don't forget the diaper bag?" (singular)

And me? I'm just gay.
I'm not sure how using the phrase "mixed race couple" is racist. Also not sure what sort of stereotyping my story entailed. Just stating the facts for anyone who comes across these folks.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
If you were trying to warn other drivers about their description it should have been at the end of the story and not in the first sentence. It did sound bigoted. I can't imagine water staining a seat unless it is made out of silk.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
A woman on her way from Huntington Beach to the resort at Ranchos Palos Verdes asked if she could have a snack in the car. I said okay and heard lots of crunching. After she bragged as I dropped her off, "I'm here for work; I get to stay here on their dime," I noticed she made quite a mess and still had to 5-Star her as I didn't have as many rides in as I do now. Grrrr!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
A woman on her way from Huntington Beach to the resort at Ranchos Palos Verdes asked if she could have a snack in the car. I said okay and heard lots of crunching. After she bragged as I dropped her off, "I'm here for work; I get to stay here on their dime," I noticed she made quite a mess and still had to 5-Star her as I didn't have as many rides in as I do now. Grrrr!
Who told you what rating you are required to give? You are not obligated to 5 star anyone - only those who tip.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'm not sure how using the phrase "mixed race couple" is racist. Also not sure what sort of stereotyping my story entailed. Just stating the facts for anyone who comes across these folks.
The correct term is "Jungle Fever" :cool:

Reactions: Oh My
1 - 20 of 58 Posts