Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What exactly is the mentality behind those "baby on board" signs in the rear window? Are people expecting you to drive any differently around them because you care about their baby?

I mean, if I was going to drive erratically and not be considerate of other human lives, I'm not sure that the presence of a baby would make anything different.

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
What exactly is the mentality behind those "baby on board" signs in the rear window? Are people expecting you to drive any differently around them because you care about their baby?

I mean, if I was going to drive a erratically and not be considerate of other human lives, I'm not sure that the presence of a baby would make anything different.
For me it means the mom is nursing :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
I don't see those on cars much any more - kinda like you don't see those "Tot Finder" stickers on kids' windows either. Those pedos got smart! 😉

In response to the "Baby on Board" signs, some people put signs in their car windows that said "Adults on Board, We Don't Want to Die Either!" it something to that effect...🤣

·
Banned
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a stupid reason. As if the first responders are going to accidentally miss the presence of a baby car seat, or be inclined to work faster than they already would.

"Meh, just a bunch of adults bleeding to death, no rush guys, take your time getting to the wreckage. Actually, can you go pick up some Starbucks for me on the way there?"

·
Registered
769 Posts
That's a stupid reason. As if the first responders are going to accidentally miss the presence of a baby car seat, or be inclined to work faster than they already would. "Meh, just a bunch of adults bleeding to death, no rush guys, take your time getting to the wreckage. Actually, can you go pick up some Starbucks for me on the way there?"
It's actually a misconception. The real reason was to warn aggressive drivers in the hopes they wouldn't drive aggressively around an infant.

I'm not sure if the decrease in use is because it didn't change behavior, or that people don't want to alert pedos to the presence of a child.

·
Premium Member
11,551 Posts

I mean, if I was going to drive a erratically and not be considerate of other human lives, I'm not sure that the presence of a baby would make anything different.
Yeah.
Hate that crap.

I'd hit you, but I saw the sign....

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
That's a stupid reason. As if the first responders are going to accidentally miss the presence of a baby car seat, or be inclined to work faster than they already would.

"Meh, just a bunch of adults bleeding to death, no rush guys, take your time getting to the wreckage. Actually, can you go pick up some Starbucks for me on the way there?"
"I'll make sure to tip in the app"

·
Premium Member
17,500 Posts
what odd responses. I wonder how many non-parents? sheesh. How about the parents are just proud they have an infant/baby/toddler?

s h e e s h

Reactions: Chorch

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Maybe we should put those baby on board signs so that if someone's gonna crash, they'll swerve and take out someone else instead lol!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.