Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Just read up on the terms sitting on my toilet. Only time Ill give these POS's of my time. Last time I did one of these deliveries they paid on each delivery as well as applicale streaks completed in that time. Well over a 100 bucks. Policy changed that I wasnt aware of so I consider it a hard lesson learned. Its disheartening just how much both companies are squeezing drivers. Im gonna stop by that building again an talk too a couple of OP's an drivers. I cant beleive anyone would deliver for that amount.
That really paints a good 'before' and 'after' (bad news) difference. Guess they're just hoping to find enough Ants.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Thanks for the Heads Up!
Ride offers that look too good to be true can also have multiple stops, The # of stops and total distance isn't included in the initial offer for Uber. You have to go into rider details to see all the stops which now I do for every ride just in case. Lessons learned by getting burnt once. We've all learned that the reject and cancel buttons are our friends.
Yesterday I got a lesson in Popular Mechanics. I had to disassemble a scooter into three pieces and put it in the back and then re-assemble the dang thing when we completed the trip which also included one stop to pick up a prescription. While I did feel sorry for the gal I wouldn't do that again. Only saving grace was it was to be my last trip before my meal break so I let it ride.

Few weeks ago I accepted a trip that included a stop at In-N-Out Burger and Pax commented his appreciation since the 1st three drivers had canceled. That's when a light went on that there was something I didn't yet know how to do - but I'm on it now. Fortunately for me, the surge was high enough when I got it that it wasn't a bad trip. As an X driver a quick stop doesn't much bother me though it doesn't make me smile either.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I hear yah!
In-N-Out is poorly named. I would only consider waiting for a $10 cash tip if it is a slow point or the day. Otherwise, I drop them off and end the ride.
I didn't see that it was a 2-stopper and only saw the last stop. I'm still figuring out a few things. :)

As 'backstreets' stated "if it seems to good to be true" but given the very nice surge and medium trip I still did OK. But no, I don't do fast food stops normally.
$3.59 a gallon on McClintok and McKellips.

As far as where gas prices go, a little more care in not getting the Saudis upset would help some in helping the price go down.
Okay, I'm jealous but just a little bit as today's price was $3.74.

I had a pax going to JW Marriott at Desert Ridge for my last ride of the day. He begged me to stop at In-N-Out on Tatum. What seemed like 20 minutes later, he came out apologizing profusely with his order to go and a free cheeseburger for me. He later tipped $20 in the app. Funny part was that Gruber contacted him while he was waiting inside because we were not moving. I didn't know they did that.
Okay, I'm jealous. Some time ago did the same trip but I only got a $10 tip. Didn't actually wait that long though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts