Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Screenshot Darkness Number Terrestrial plant

BEWARE of this request. Its a multi stop delivery 3rd party warehouse contracted with Gryft. I completed a 22 delivery run on friday for Gryft an they shorted no ripped me off. As of today Im still trying too get fairly comped but its not lookkng good as Ive bern pased off too a 2nd person who subtly threatened me by telling me he would opt me out of deliveries. I let him.know I can filter my own deliveries which this location will be at the top of my list.
Ive done a delivery here before last year an was compensated fairly so who knows if this is their new norm or they singled me out. In any case just wanted too warn other PHX ops.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,677 Posts
I'm not going to pretend to know what it is you're showing us, though yes the pay looks weak. Does Lyft NOT show you upfront pricing on this service? If not, then I would assume you know the pay rates for these deliveries? I'm just puzzled that you wouldn't have a good idea of what pay to expect. Further details would be great. BTW, I don't do Lyft anymore (but am active), and deliveries... no thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not going to pretend to know what it is you're showing us, though yes the pay looks weak. Does Lyft NOT show you upfront pricing on this service? If not, then I would assume you know the pay rates for these deliveries? I'm just puzzled that you wouldn't have a good idea of what pay to expect. Further details would be great. BTW, I don't do Lyft anymore (but am active), and deliveries... no thanks.
Just read up on the terms sitting on my toilet. Only time Ill give these POS's of my time. Last time I did one of these deliveries they paid on each delivery as well as applicale streaks completed in that time. Well over a 100 bucks. Policy changed that I wasnt aware of so I consider it a hard lesson learned. Its disheartening just how much both companies are squeezing drivers. Im gonna stop by that building again an talk too a couple of OP's an drivers. I cant beleive anyone would deliver for that amount.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
View attachment 686222
BEWARE of this request. Its a multi stop delivery 3rd party warehouse contracted with Gryft. I completed a 22 delivery run on friday for Gryft an they shorted no ripped me off. As of today Im still trying too get fairly comped but its not lookkng good as Ive bern pased off too a 2nd person who subtly threatened me by telling me he would opt me out of deliveries. I let him.know I can filter my own deliveries which this location will be at the top of my list.
Ive done a delivery here before last year an was compensated fairly so who knows if this is their new norm or they singled me out. In any case just wanted too warn other PHX ops.
Thanks for the advice/warning. I went there once and the boxes were too big to fit in my car, so I cancelled. After thinking about it I pretty much concluded as you did and have declined every offer from that place ever since. 35 bucks for 10 boxes? No.

They are located just south of 51st ave and Grand Ave. So I pretty much activate last ride when I’m in the area. Last week however I got three offers in a row which I declined, when I was near the 51 and Indian School rd. Maybe the word is getting out?

Wish I knew how to filter that request out so I don’t have to waste time declining.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Ride offers that look too good to be true can also have multiple stops, The # of stops and total distance isn't included in the initial offer for Uber. You have to go into rider details to see all the stops which now I do for every ride just in case. Lessons learned by getting burnt once. We've all learned that the reject and cancel buttons are our friends.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Just read up on the terms sitting on my toilet. Only time Ill give these POS's of my time. Last time I did one of these deliveries they paid on each delivery as well as applicale streaks completed in that time. Well over a 100 bucks. Policy changed that I wasnt aware of so I consider it a hard lesson learned. Its disheartening just how much both companies are squeezing drivers. Im gonna stop by that building again an talk too a couple of OP's an drivers. I cant beleive anyone would deliver for that amount.
That really paints a good 'before' and 'after' (bad news) difference. Guess they're just hoping to find enough Ants.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Thanks for the Heads Up!
Ride offers that look too good to be true can also have multiple stops, The # of stops and total distance isn't included in the initial offer for Uber. You have to go into rider details to see all the stops which now I do for every ride just in case. Lessons learned by getting burnt once. We've all learned that the reject and cancel buttons are our friends.
Yesterday I got a lesson in Popular Mechanics. I had to disassemble a scooter into three pieces and put it in the back and then re-assemble the dang thing when we completed the trip which also included one stop to pick up a prescription. While I did feel sorry for the gal I wouldn't do that again. Only saving grace was it was to be my last trip before my meal break so I let it ride.

Few weeks ago I accepted a trip that included a stop at In-N-Out Burger and Pax commented his appreciation since the 1st three drivers had canceled. That's when a light went on that there was something I didn't yet know how to do - but I'm on it now. Fortunately for me, the surge was high enough when I got it that it wasn't a bad trip. As an X driver a quick stop doesn't much bother me though it doesn't make me smile either.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Thanks for the Heads Up!

Yesterday I got a lesson in Popular Mechanics. I had to disassemble a scooter into three pieces and put it in the back and then re-assemble the dang thing when we completed the trip which also included one stop to pick up a prescription. While I did feel sorry for the gal I wouldn't do that again. Only saving grace was it was to be my last trip before my meal break so I let it ride.

Few weeks ago I accepted a trip that included a stop at In-N-Out Burger and Pax commented his appreciation since the 1st three drivers had canceled. That's when a light went on that there was something I didn't yet know how to do - but I'm on it now. Fortunately for me, the surge was high enough when I got it that it wasn't a bad trip. As an X driver a quick stop doesn't much bother me though it doesn't make me smile either.
Since when is the stop at In-N-Out Burger a quick stop takes a freaking half hour to get to a burger

·
Premium Member
5,677 Posts
I am SO past ever considering doing a "typical" trip once I see it has stops. I don't care what the stop(s) are, I'm cancelling unless it's a HIGH paying trip to the airport. Fast food??? Nope. I would do a QT or Circle K in the past, but I don't get to that point anymore. There are better trips to be had.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am SO past ever considering doing a "typical" trip once I see it has stops. I don't care what the stop(s) are, I'm cancelling unless it's a HIGH paying trip to the airport. Fast food??? Nope. I would do a QT or Circle K in the past, but I don't get to that point anymore. There are better trips to be had.
Ive started doing that since upfront garbage has taken effect.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
On a positive note I've been buying gas under $4/gal; yesterday I paid $3.92.

Value of the $ and cost of crude are down sharply today but these has been bouncy of late so who knows?
$3.59 a gallon on McClintok and McKellips.

As far as where gas prices go, a little more care in not getting the Saudis upset would help some in helping the price go down.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
In-N-Out is poorly named. I would only consider waiting for a $10 cash tip if it is a slow point or the day. Otherwise, I drop them off and end the ride.
I had a pax going to JW Marriott at Desert Ridge for my last ride of the day. He begged me to stop at In-N-Out on Tatum. What seemed like 20 minutes later, he came out apologizing profusely with his order to go and a free cheeseburger for me. He later tipped $20 in the app. Funny part was that Gruber contacted him while he was waiting inside because we were not moving. I didn't know they did that.

·
Premium Member
29,258 Posts
Funny part was that Gruber contacted him while he was waiting inside because we were not moving. I didn't know they did that
Lyft does this too.

Had it happen sitting in gridlock dropping off at Elton John.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I hear yah!
In-N-Out is poorly named. I would only consider waiting for a $10 cash tip if it is a slow point or the day. Otherwise, I drop them off and end the ride.
I didn't see that it was a 2-stopper and only saw the last stop. I'm still figuring out a few things. :)

As 'backstreets' stated "if it seems to good to be true" but given the very nice surge and medium trip I still did OK. But no, I don't do fast food stops normally.
$3.59 a gallon on McClintok and McKellips.

As far as where gas prices go, a little more care in not getting the Saudis upset would help some in helping the price go down.
Okay, I'm jealous but just a little bit as today's price was $3.74.

I had a pax going to JW Marriott at Desert Ridge for my last ride of the day. He begged me to stop at In-N-Out on Tatum. What seemed like 20 minutes later, he came out apologizing profusely with his order to go and a free cheeseburger for me. He later tipped $20 in the app. Funny part was that Gruber contacted him while he was waiting inside because we were not moving. I didn't know they did that.
Okay, I'm jealous. Some time ago did the same trip but I only got a $10 tip. Didn't actually wait that long though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts