Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any great tips to avoid ever getting a ride with difficult or dangerous pax? I know to avoid super low ratings or even the perfect 5.00 (could be a new account for a drug dealer or a-hole whose old account kept him from getting rides. Avoiding certain places like trashy bars or ghetto neighborhoods. Any others? I want to avoid having to run into them and cancel or grit a shitty ride.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
The rider rating and their location are the only indicators we get as far as trying to avoid a potential difficult passengers. The area your picking up in and their rating will tell you alot.

You can never 100% avoid bad passengers. You can do alot to prevent bad passengers though so you wont get them as much. Driving in the morning and day as opposed to night is also a big factor.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't ever pick up a rider who you think is using a fake name. My first night I got a ride for "Killer". No thank you. But just know, its impossible to eliminate all these kinds of people based on area, rating, and name
Wtf that is disgusting. You cancelled asap? Dis you report it?

I figure with only rating and pick up, there is limited info. I'm trying to see if anything else can give us an edge to protect us from dangerous and potentially awful situations

·
Registered
110 Posts
If your passenger starts texting you a lot you'd better cancel. Especially if they start texting in slang... yikes. They will always be trouble. Things like "where are you?" means they're late and you don't want to deal with that. Or "Can you pick me up at such and such?" that's trouble because you're going to the pin and only the pin. Or "can you hurry"? Or "Do you have room for extra luggage?" All of these and more result in a CANX. Also if they keep calling. Don't answer them to begin with and if they keep it up then cancel. Save you a lot of grief.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Take notice of their hands as they approach your car. Are they carrying anything suspicious or possibly hiding something? All too often we tend to look at people's faces more than anything else.

I think back to the Grant Nelson murder that happened near my city a couple years ago. I go through that area often and did a lot of late-night driving at the time, so that incident shook me up a bit. I wondered what I could have done differently if that driver was me. Aside from the obvious red flag that the attacker was an unaccompanied minor, out at 3:00 am, she was also carrying around the knife and machete that she had just stolen from the Walmart where he picked her up. I'm not judging poor Grant, but did he not notice her bringing them into the car?

Anyway, just my tip about the hands.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.