Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
That King street project is nuts.I know a few people who work at some of the restaurants there and business is slower because of this.They are pulling less tips and doing less hours.I always wonder why not run EV buses instead of streetcars.They can pull over to curb to let pax off and on without fear of getting hit by cars passing its doors plus they can let cars pass when they are at the curb.In Europe and Asia EV buses are replacing the streetcars.

·
Registered
478 Posts
That King street project is nuts.I know a few people who work at some of the restaurants there and business is slower because of this.They are pulling less tips and doing less hours.I always wonder why not run EV buses instead of streetcars.They can pull over to curb to let pax off and on without fear of getting hit by cars passing its doors plus they can let cars pass when they are at the curb.In Europe and Asia EV buses are replacing the streetcars.
Because in Canada we have a monster to feed. .

·
Registered
532 Posts
The idea of the King Street project is not to block traffic esp streetcars. I have had my share of pick ups from King and there are actually designated drop off / pick up points in King Street. I remember one in the North side just after Spadina going towards West. Sometimes I just park right after a planter so I don’t block traffic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.