Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just recently started driving because my friend asked me to sign up as part of his referral to help him get incentive. Since I already signed up I thought why not give it a go. Never knew about all this drama surrounding Uber!

Called Aviva, they were able to give me a quote of $330 for personal (got into accident last march) and then $440 a month on top of that for Uber, so $760 a month! And this is based on driving less than 20 hours. My vehicle is 2014 I have winter tires. This is just insane!

Also, anyone with The Personal? Anyone got their policy dropped at all, without getting into an accident.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, 20 hours maximum. And I told them I'm not planning to drive every month. So is this ridesharing rate only applicable during the months I drive? Kind of like an add on.

LOL the lady said "during the months you don't drive, we can put that on file and remove that endorsement. But you still have to pay the $440."

·
Premium Member
4,851 Posts
Yeah, 20 hours maximum. And I told them I'm not planning to drive every month. So is this ridesharing rate only applicable during the months I drive? Kind of like an add on.

LOL the lady said "during the months you don't drive, we can put that on file and remove that endorsement. But you still have to pay the $440."
LOL. The lady is a joker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but in order to get aviva rideshare insurance, you'll also need to have your personal policy with them? My insurance is not aviva, but I don't want to switch companies...and was thinking the aviva insurance could be additional. Is that not possible?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but in order to get aviva rideshare insurance, you'll also need to have your personal policy with them? My insurance is not aviva, but I don't want to switch companies...and was thinking the aviva insurance could be additional. Is that not possible?
Not possible. It:s an endorsement on their regular personal auto policy. Right now they are the only ones offering it. So you'd have to change the policy to Aviva to be able to purchase the extra endorsement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not possible. It:s an endorsement on their regular personal auto policy. Right now they are the only ones offering it. So you'd have to change the policy to Aviva to be able to purchase the extra endorsement.
That sucks. Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
4,665 Posts
20 hours a week...you'll be working just to pay the insurance and Uber pushing Poo. Even the most stupid uneducated drivers will figure the math out very quickly.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
That seems crazy, they didn't actually quote me but said add 60% onto what you ate paying now fir a pretty good indication of thier rate for 20 hours...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah it's not possible to just have that as an add on or something. My insurance now is $160 with my current company, I think it's still low because I have accident forgiveness. Aviva is quoting me high because of that accident. Yeah no way I'm paying $760 to drive less than 20 hrs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just curious, everyone here only have personal insurance and haven't told their insurance company about Uber?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Yeah it's not possible to just have that as an add on or something. My insurance now is $160 with my current company, I think it's still low because I have accident forgiveness. Aviva is quoting me high because of that accident. Yeah no way I'm paying $760 to drive less than 20 hrs.
Accident forgiveness is the reason your rate is so high with another company. It's not transferable.

25 with an accident on your rap sheet. I feel sorry for you. Don't get another one, you'll likely be dropped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Accident forgiveness is the reason your rate is so high with another company. It's not transferable.

25 with an accident on your rap sheet. I feel sorry for you. Don't get another one, you'll likely be dropped.
Yeah my insurance will be high anywhere I know that. But to drive for 20 hours...and have the ridesharing endorsement higher than the actual insurance? Yeah I'm a lot better now. It was a really stupid accident, had to report it because he was driving company car although he got no damage and was driving without a license on him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts