Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how some of you guys do.

I myself do most North NJ. No NYC or airport pickups, just drop offs. Don't do shore. Usually not much nighttime, just random daytime hours. Do it on a part time basis.

Daily range: $80-130
Weekly: $250-600
Rides: 6-10 daily

Does anyone actually do $1000 or more? Is it possible without 6days 12hours/day lol?

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Just curious how some of you guys do.

I myself do most North NJ. No NYC or airport pickups, just drop offs. Don't do shore. Usually not much nighttime, just random daytime hours. Do it on a part time basis.

Daily range: $80-130
Weekly: $250-600
Rides: 6-10 daily

Does anyone actually do $1000 or more? Is it possible without 6days 12hours/day lol?
I live in Hillsborough and work from 4am to 3pm. Monday is the best because of all the business travelers, and I consistently gross about $300. The rest of the week, I do between $125 & $175 daily working the same hours. My average is 12-16 rides per day, so yes, it is possible to do $1000 without killing myself. I will also work the occasional weekend if I feel like making more.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Slow day, literally all day online & $32 net lol. Can't win em all I guess.
You must have been in the wrong area. I had more business than I could handle in Central Jersey yesterday. Booked $289 with 17 rides in 11 hours.

Reactions: gmc

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Just a slow day in the northern NJ burbs I guess.
I never have any luck up that way. Whenever I have to drop someone off at EWR and/or surrounding area, I always come back down by way of 1 & 9. Always seems to be a lot of business between Linden & New Brunswick.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
This is an especially good week to work that area because 1: Rutgers move-in started this week, so New Brunswick is hopping. I did quite well in that area this morning. 2: The Barclays (USGA) is in town this weekend. Even though Tiger Woods backed out of the tournament, it's still going to be very well attended, so all those hotels in the Edison/Woodbridge area should be booming.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
If only I didn't have to drive an hour each way just to get to that area lol
There's always a chance you'll find a pax that'll take you back, though.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
True, I'll give it a shot. I try to stay in Bergen County but sometimes you get a string of bad days and only get like $80 all day. I never only got $32 tho, but I did cut it short before it got dark. I still feel like I too ably would have only made 50-60 total if I waited another hour or two.

·
Banned
821 Posts
If you really need fares, drive Hoboken especially in the early morning. Get to Hoboken at 4am and sit there on 15th Street down by the ferry. I find early morning 4am to 9am are the best hours. Bergen County is only good for early airport runs, but not much else. Once at the airport I usually just drive to Hoboken and work there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you really need fares, drive Hoboken especially in the early morning. Get to Hoboken at 4am and sit there on 15th Street down by the ferry. I find early morning 4am to 9am are the best hours. Bergen County is only good for early airport runs, but not much else. Once at the airport I usually just drive to Hoboken and work there.
I did have a 21 yr old from upper saddle river "rent me" for 4 hrs.. took me to 2 of her friends houses, mcdonalds drive through, cruise around.. i forget the mileage, but the fair was about $135.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Keep running your car into the ground...geez!
Isn't that kind of the point? I've already saved enough to pay cash for a new one when this is done. It's called investing back into my business, so I'm really not sure what your problem is. Jealous maybe?

Reactions: gmc

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Isn't that kind of the point? I've already saved enough to pay cash for a new one when this is done. It's called investing back into my business, so I'm really not sure what your problem is. Jealous maybe?
Mmmm no! Dallas market is .85 cents per mile $3.50 minimum. I quit at .90 cents. Guess you don't have living expenses. Running your car into the ground is not the point. What if uber lowers rates in your market??

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Fair enough. NJ Rates are much better. I chose to do this full time because I love to drive, enjoy meeting people, and seriously appreciate the flexibility. I'm single, so my living expenses are reasonable, and I paid cash for the car I'm driving now. The income from doing this is perfect for me, but I realize everyone's situation is different. It never bothers me how anyone else works this, so I don't understand why the way I do it would annoy you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts