Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Do you have an AUX cord?" PAX asks me...

"I do... but not in the car..." I reply. "Honestly, I only get 1 in a 100 passengers who want to play music..."

In my head, all I'm thinking about is

Do you guys get asked about AUX cords? or maybe they want to listen to a radio station?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have an aux cord for my own use. If a pax asks I hand it to them. I usually have the radio off when a pax is in the car so any music is appreciated. Radio comes on only if pax asks for it or if im in between pings. Thats just my personal policy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an aux cord for my own use. If a pax asks I hand it to them. I usually have the radio off when a pax is in the car so any music is appreciated. Radio comes on only if pax asks for it or if im in between pings. Thats just my personal policy.
I actually prefer driving with no music now... it's almost distracting when the passenger keeps asking me questions and talking... but I'd take a conversation over no conversation.

·
Registered
277 Posts
One of my best trips was a 1.9 surge from rebel nightclub to sauga after a rave. I picked up these 3 guys who asked for aux cord and the first song they played was my favourite song. The whole ride we blasted at full volume trap and dubstep. Best 30 min drive on uber and the pay out was great.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When pax ask if I have an aux cord, I play dumb: "ox cart? I do have an ox cart but I prefer the automobile - much faster and a smoother ride. It would take us an hour and a half by ox cart." Love using that one....

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
The worst is the pax who ask for Aux cord and once you say no, they ask for Bluetooth.

Hey idiot... I have to stop the car to pair a Bluetooth, it's a safety feature on all new cars now. We're going 3 km.

You can't hold out for 3.5 minutes till we get there? If your tunes are so important, bring earbuds.

·
Banned
2,076 Posts
No aux for me 45 minutes of i will eff your btch,i will shoot you down, i m so rich and your not,i drink expensive alcohol(Millennial gangsta rap) or 45 minutes of the theme song from the twilight zone(trans) sorry only smooth non aggressive

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
99.999999999999% of riders know better than to ask me for aux. I'm friendly and all, but when you look in to my eyes (I make sure I look at every single rider in the eyes) they know I don't play games.

I am a wonderful host, I will make you feel comfortable in my car, but once you start requesting things that are either outside of my control or you haven't paid for, I shoot you down and I don't care if one out of 500 riders 1 star me.

Unless you are choking, no water.

Unless you need to puke or tip me, no stopping.

Unless you are diabetic or have other health issues, no eating.

If you leave a can of coke or bottle water or whatever in my car, I throw it on your lawn as I drive off from your house.

·
Banned
2,076 Posts
99.999999999999% of riders know better than to ask me for aux. I'm friendly and all, but when you look in to my eyes (I make sure I look at every single rider in the eyes) they know I don't play games.

I am a wonderful host, I will make you feel comfortable in my car, but once you start requesting things that are either outside of my control or you haven't paid for, I shoot you down and I don't care if one out of 500 riders 1 star me.

Unless you are choking, no water.

Unless you need to puke or tip me, no stopping.

Unless you are diabetic or have other health issues, no eating.

If you leave a can of coke or bottle water or whatever in my car, I throw it on your lawn as I drive off from your house.
Hat Font T-shirt Photo caption Cap

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Lmao you don't play music for your pax?!? Does music and the ability to roll down their window come with the "gold package"? Wow

·
Registered
210 Posts
You give them the aux cord, then they ask you to turn up the volume, you turn up the volume, then they ask you to blast it. If it's more than one pax, they will agrue to each other what song to play next, durning the 10 mins trip, you will hear intermediate non-stop shufflings of songs. If you are unlucky enough to have one of the pax sitting in front they will mess up your stereo like how they mess up an ipod display inside an apple store.

·
Registered
898 Posts
You give them the aux cord, then they ask you to turn up the volume, you turn up the volume, then they ask you to blast it. If it's more than one pax, they will agrue to each other what song to play next, durning the 10 mins trip, you will hear intermediate non-stop shufflings of songs. If you are unlucky enough to have one of the pax sitting in front they will mess up your stereo like how they mess up an ipod display inside an apple store.
The worst part is once you give them Aux cord then they will start dancing in your car kicking your seat and whole lot of shit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts