Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do you let your pax use AUX / Charge Cable?

• Hell Yeah

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • F*$K NO

Votes: 15 65.2%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with this general sentiment of not providing AUX / Charge / USB Cable on this forum?

My car comes with two USB out of center console box and I always have one for myself and the other for pax. I have no problem letting anyone use it as long as they have an iPhone! - I don't do non-Apple phones. Depending on the vibe as pax enter the car, I even offer if they'd need one quite immediately - along with option to play DJ through cable or Uber app. Take rate for charge cable is roughly 30% and playing DJ is even less at maybe 10% max.

Of Pax using the cable, most appreciate it - yes some entitled millennials take it for granted - and all pax doing DJ love it. I do not mind pax playing DJ as I sometimes find new tunes I like and so far, I haven't had to suffer through 'bad taste' in music. Of all, maybe 1% of time, I'd regret letting pax use aux/charge cable for their rude, unpleasant behavior. Otherwise, I enjoy, pax enjoy, and I receive compliments, thanks, and good rating.

So, tell us. Why would you OR would you NOT offer one?

·
Premium Member
2,315 Posts
Yeah sure. why not. only iphone tho.
Aux.. if they play shitty music. its off right away. dgaf about my rating that much

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I have both wired from the front to the back. The cables are zip-tied together and to the seats (to prevent theft). They are there to use without asking. As for the AUX cable, I am still in control of the volume. I have to switch from the radio to the AUX. When I switch I turn my stereo volume to zero. I slowly increase it to my liking. I would rather people entertain themselves with their music - it makes the trip go by faster for both of us.

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
I have absolutely no problem providing a phone charger. I have always let people use it.

Aux cord is entirely different. First, most pax use the back seat, so not I have to get it out of glove box, hook it up, and hand it to pax... all the while trying to drive. So for this reason, IT IS NOT GONNA HAPPEN ON A SHORT RIDE.... EVER.

Now there are times I will even offer an aux cord. If the ride is going to be an hour, "would you like to listen to your own music?".

Also, like everything in life, its how you ask. If you demand, no way in hell.

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
HELL NO!!!
First reason no charger, I did at first and pax broke two different cables. Had one pax mess with it and cause a short, fuse was almost 5 bucks since newer car. AUX no, why I don't want to hear your music on a short ride and it's always been a shortie that's wants an AUX and they don't tip.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
What's next, a wardrobe of adult shop costumes in the trunk so each pax can get the nearly-exact manifestation of their perfect fantasy personal driver-manservant?

Or perhaps monetary bribes?

Or maybe just drive around with an ex-masseuse & manicurist, who doubles as stripper, amateur DJ, waitress, and general chew toy for the pax?

Cause if not, then it's YOU who'll end up the chewtoy

·
Registered
287 Posts
iPhone, android, USB, charger.... Got it all, doesn't cost a penny as the cost
of my setup has been depreciated a long time ago. No one ever tried to steal a cable, and everyone apreciate the setup. As they say....Your an a-hole, they're an a-hole...

Ps. No water, mints, or bj's

1 - 18 of 18 Posts