Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve never understood Uber’s rationale in setting the default quest if you don’t remember to choose for yourself. Option 2 for me is never going to happen. I never ever work that many hours over 4 days to get to 80 rides. Why not default to the lowest option so that I have at least some motivitation to get out and drive. Or a medium option based on what I have chosen for the last few weeks? Why stupidly set a target that most drivers will never reach?
CE13FDB5-B4DC-42B2-8483-9223893C9D3A.png

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
UBER at it, why would they offer the low quest, as they will pay out. They do higher quest as they know you wont make it anyway. You would think that a technology company, who has a record on your average weekly rides, has a record on what is the quest you select will figure how to set it up automatically for you. But, @Illini said, your punishment for forgetting to choose your own quest. Bet you wont make that mistake again.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
It used to tell you which one it would pick if you don't choose one. Not any more. They want it to be a surprise I guess.

Back when it would tell you, I got the impression it was always going 1 level higher than I would have chosen myself.

I forgot to choose one once. The result? Time for a little unplanned vacation.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Its a play by Uber to male as little people

No you do not!

Surge pays more, and easier rides if you do it correctly. Busy markets like the largest city centralized in the country says so.
True that! Quest and streak bonuses only exist to suppress driver surge payments which are more expensive for Uber. In Chicago we are fortunate right now that demand is significantly outpacing driver availability forcing Uber to pay drivers far more than they want to. But those of us that have driven a while are well aware that this is likely short-lived and will eventually return to pre-covid levels of over saturation of ants on the street. And trust me, driving in Chicago traffic for base rate is not something you would choose to do.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Pre-covid, I remember my quest level used to pay something like $10-$15 on first level, $20-25 on second level. Driver shortage have caused higher than average payouts, but yes, these will be not last long once driver availability increase. For those driving, take advantage and enjoy it, but, don't count on this to last long.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UBER at it, why would they offer the low quest, as they will pay out. They do higher quest as they know you wont make it anyway. You would think that a technology company, who has a record on your average weekly rides, has a record on what is the quest you select will figure how to set it up automatically for you. But, @Illini said, your punishment for forgetting to choose your own quest. Bet you wont make that mistake again.
Meh, in the end I don’t worry about it. Working surge pays fairly well these days during the evenings when I drive. Just wish Uber would figure out someday how to actually motivate drivers.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I’ve never understood Uber’s rationale in setting the default quest if you don’t remember to choose for yourself. Option 2 for me is never going to happen. I never ever work that many hours over 4 days to get to 80 rides. Why not default to the lowest option so that I have at least some motivitation to get out and drive. Or a medium option based on what I have chosen for the last few weeks? Why stupidly set a target that most drivers will never reach?
View attachment 605767
[/QUO
I have the same problem, I usually only work Friday and Saturday nights. Seeing the quest chosen is 70 rides pft. There is no way I can hit that. I usually choose the 20, usually takes me 2 nights and a trip or 2 Sunday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts