Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had two now that I haven't been paid for the no show. I waited 6 minutes and the fee doesn't show.

I received a response for one of them from a csr that states I was 7 minutes late. Which is bull shit. I really hate csr's that haven't been trained properly.

I have cut and pasted the text log to show when I arrived and that I had sent a text when I arrived.

Is there something else I can do to insure I get my no rider fee without having to deal with the idiots at uber?

In both instances I had to manually select that I arrived because the pin was set so far back it wouldn't trigger on its own unless I went into the back alley.

Anyone with experience in how to word the email so I get my rider no show fee?

·
Registered
16 Posts
What I usually do is I upload the screenshot of my text to PAX right away.
They have no idea what they are doing, so it's easier and faster to provide detailed instructions from the very beginning so they can simply follow.
Also I keep answering to ubersupport emails instead of sending a new one. 3 out of 5 times I get helped by the same person.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I usually do is I upload the screenshot of my text to PAX right away.
They have no idea what they are doing, so it's easier and faster to provide detailed instructions from the very beginning so they can simply follow.
Also I keep answering to ubersupport emails instead of sending a new one. 3 out of 5 times I get helped by the same person.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

I received some stupid response that I was late 7 minutes for the pickup which is just not true. It is so ridiculous what they stoop to so they don't have to pay us.

I did send the screen shots from this second one. The first one I responded and sent the screen shots this morning. Such a waste of time. I think the issue happens when the shitty app doesn't auto arrive by itself.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think the issue happens when the shitty app doesn't auto arrive by itself.
I've had the same issue as well.. But even though it's an "auto feature" you can still tap on it (it's like a manual over ride), the screen well slide up and ask/confirm that you have arrived, then just swipe right to send the notification.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Because of the darn lag, I usually pull up slower and tap on the screen to swipe n send the notification about a block away... that way the pax know AND sees me coming.

Or at the least it let's them know to head out if they aren't curb side yet.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had the same issue as well.. But even though it's an "auto feature" you can still tap on it (it's like a manual over ride), the screen well slide up and ask/confirm that you have arrived, then just swipe right to send the notification.
Yep I am doing that but it's still not giving me my cancel fee

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sending that screen shot of the map location via text message usually works great. It lets them know exactly where YOU'RE at, which is awesome because most of the time when a pax requests a trip, the lazy ass just drops a pin instead of actually entering the physical address..

I know this because when they get in my car and ask why I pick them up where THEY were, I show then the actual pick up location DOOBER sent me, which is diff from request because THEIR GPS (PAX) is not always synced either.

Or they don't have a mms plan so they couldn't receive the pic message...

Then they go "ooooohhhh, I see".

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yep I am doing that but it's still not giving me my cancel fee
It's probably only me doing this because it's more work, but I rather spend an extra 6-15 secs saving a screen shot of the pax's trip info when I accept (for proof), instead of the long hassle it takes writing to them about it.
[and another either when I
A) arrive or
B) complete the trip or
C) cancel.]

That way the time is stamped at the top fit legit proof, because it's not our ****ing fault THEIR TECH lags and we f-ing don't get paid.. Na I don't think so.

No matter what, rules are rules... they set up the guidelines, we follow through, but they don't? It's not our issue man, but it is our money!

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
i have had two now that I haven't been paid for the no show. I waited 6 minutes and the fee doesn't show.

I received a response for one of them from a csr that states I was 7 minutes late. Which is bull shit. I really hate csr's that haven't been trained properly.

I have cut and pasted the text log to show when I arrived and that I had sent a text when I arrived.

Is there something else I can do to insure I get my no rider fee without having to deal with the idiots at uber?

In both instances I had to manually select that I arrived because the pin was set so far back it wouldn't trigger on its own unless I went into the back alley.

Look at this BS ,supposedly i was short of 0.04 sec ,so waited whole 4 min and 56 sec and wasn't patient enough for 4 sec. BS I know for sure it was more the 6 min
Marjorie (Uber)

Aug 24, 17:41

Hi ...,

Thanks for reaching out! Happy to explain why there is no cancellation fee applied.

I looked into the details of this trip and it looks like the ride was cancelled less than five minutes after the initial request was accepted (Arrive: 01:42 - 24 Aug, 2015 | 8:57:40p UTC / Cancelled: 06:38 - 24 Aug, 2015 | 9:02:36p UTC).

I know it can be frustrating when you make a good faith effort to get to the pick up point in a timely manner and the dont show up. That's why the rider will be charged a fee if they cancel/no show after 5 minutes from when the trip was accepted.

Cancellation Policy:

• If the rider cancels before 5 minutes, no cancellation fee will apply.
  • If the rider cancels after 5 minutes, a cancellation fee will apply as long as you are still arriving on-time.
All cancellation fees are automatically applied by the system, so you do not need to take any extra steps, but don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions about this trip!

·
Registered
144 Posts
It goes without saying, but sometimes you just gotta be real n tell em how ya feel...
But to put some weight on it, a pix is worth a thousand words right?

I always include the pix in the attachment homie. You can't bullshit a prepared ****. They can't argue with documented proof, gives me a sense of security having such a simply, yet effective tool.

Plus, evolett's tip is indeed very efficient.
Also I keep answering to ubersupport emails instead of sending a new one.
I do it myself too.. I reply on the SAME thread until it's solved.. I'll tell you it works so good, specially when your prepared (they don't seem to like that) that "SOMEONE ELSE HAS TO STEP IN" for whoever you're dealing with.

Attachments

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And do you know why I was late 7 minutes for the eta? Because I was already the **** there waiting for 7 minutes even though I had to bypass that arrival feature because uber can't hire anyone to program their pile of shit app
Why didn't she check my location where I was for that 7 minutes? She would've seen I was actually at the address. She's a ****in idiot that does a half ass investigation
image.jpg

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It goes without saying, but sometimes you just gotta be real n tell em how ya feel...
But to put some weight on it, a pix is worth a thousand words right?

I always include the pix in the attachment homie. You can't bullshit a prepared ****. They can't argue with documented proof, gives me a sense of security having such a simply, yet effective tool.

Plus, evolett's tip is indeed very efficient.

I do it myself too.. I reply on the SAME thread until it's solved.. I'll tell you it works so good, specially when your prepared (they don't seem to like that) that "SOMEONE ELSE HAS TO STEP IN" for whoever you're dealing with.
Just responded to the email and told her she should've taken the time to thoroughly investigate the issue. Asked her where my car was for those 7 minutes. Had she taken the time to do her job properly she would've seen that my car was at the address. Told her I am tired of dealing with people that have no idea how the system works. Please escalate this matter to a mAnager as she has not been properly trained to resolve the issue.

Then I took a shot how a 50 billion tech company can't do something simple like creating an app. All they did was screw it up. If the pin is placed too far back on the property it won't trigger the arrival feature. Bunch of moron wanna be programmers

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry homie,
I hated learning the hard way, but I'm more that happy to let you know what works for m he if it helps out..

Just save your work with simple steps like screen shots. The only proof you'll need. It's only lil amount of space it takes on your phone, you can always back em up, delete them, print them out to hang on a wall...lol.. JK.

Take a look at the time stamps on deez, even "I" had to write n ask about their cancellation policy. Is it just something they seem to reply on everyone's emails as a template, is it broken, and do they even enforce it.. cause it AIN'T automatic as they claim.

Seriously, look at the time difference between the time I accepted and the time I *cancelled.

*I know some will probably say Dayyyyyyyaaam! But the truth is, as I parked and was waiting for the pax, I was relaxing while watching STRAIGHT FROM THE STREETS OF COMPTON on my phone, LOL.

Attachments

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys for all the help. I use to take a screen shot of every time I arrived. I quit having issues so I stopped doing it.

Time to implement my old practices.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Csr responded to me, as I asked her to double check all the details of the trip.

She said she had double checked all the details of the trip.
She said, she would give me the $5 cancel fee but I need to make sure I wait 5 minutes.

As you can imagine I went off the deep end. I stated if you double checked all of the variables of the trip then you would realize I am uber plus and not uberx and my cancel fee is $10 and not $5.

Your statement has proven you have lied to me and haven't checked the trip at all. You are too busy cutting and pasting lies to me.

I want a manger to respond to me as I am done bein. Disrespected and lied too.

Answer me this, the last 6 minutes of the trip before I cancelled as rider no show, what address was my car at? Now what was the pick up address?

You not only didn't double check, you didn't even single check. It's not your fault. Uber does a shit job in training csr's. I don't blame you, you're just the results of inept management and lack of training

The fact is the system doesn't work correctly because the programmers that uber hires aren't qualified to do their jobs as they want cheap and not qualified.

The app puts the pin at the back side of the property so in most cases it is impossible to automatically arrive.

I still expect a manager to reach out to me. I want my future emails to go to someone that knows how the system works. This ordeal has wasted my valuable time. Having untrained personnel do a job isn't going to fix any issues, it's just going to piss people off as nothing will get resolved.

·
Banned
99 Posts

What I do is If I see no cancel fee I go to the trip summery.have issue with the fare. No cancel option so u have to chose one from the list. Doesn't matter which one as long as u are able to type in that little box. and write in that little box . Wait more than 5 min plz Charge cancaltion. And next day u will see the 10$ in ur trip summery.

·
Banned
99 Posts
No screen shot and no emails. They get confuse with all of that. And I believe those issues that are directly from trip summery go to a different department that actullay know what they are doing vs sending a email and back and forth bs

1 - 20 of 34 Posts