Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to the Uber Austin staff for royally fubering up the Select class of service.

Here's the original Select list *notice all premium brands/models

Here are just a few of the non-premium brands/models masquerading as UberSelect in Austin:
  • Mini Cooper ... I guess they'll be strapping the luggage to the roof ... lol
  • Jeep ... and not the Grand Cherokee kind, but the basic 4X4 ...
  • bunch of mini vans ... so much for "date night" ... not impressed
Feel free to add to the list.

I know of at least 1 pax who told a non-premium Select to cancel at the airport ... as he was going to order another car.

Coming soon to your 5* hotel ... UberSelect pedicab - hey we got leather seats too

·
Banned
332 Posts
It's total ****ing nonsense and speaks to how unbelievably dumb they are over there. They don't even have enough common sense to protect their higher tier, money making brands. Instead they just want to flood, flood, flood the market because that seems to be the only thing they know how to do. Uber has ZERO creativity or integrity when it comes to running their business or maintaining any kind of standards. And yes, the customers are noticing. It's almost like Uber is Daring a competitor to beat them out...because that's just how stupid they are.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm glad they changed it. I drive a Ford Fusion Titanium and always get passengers who are suprised how nice they are. Even select riders are always saying how nice it is. That's why they added lux, to take the place of the old select, and dropped the price of select.

·
Banned
332 Posts
I'm glad they changed it. I drive a Ford Fusion Titanium and always get passengers who are suprised how nice they are. Even select riders are always saying how nice it is. That's why they added lux, to take the place of the old select, and dropped the price of select.
Then just do away with Select. At some point it's just all too confusing and serves no purpose.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The biggest issue is employees not knowing what a mid or full size is. The new select suppose to be limited to spotless mid size or full size vehicles with leather interiors. The problem is they are letting cars not considered midsize in. In addition the rider app shows what car your getting so riders can just cancel and request again if they want just like we can cancel/deny if we want to.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats to the Uber Austin staff for royally fubering up the Select class of service.

Here's the original Select list *notice all premium brands/models

Here are just a few of the non-premium brands/models masquerading as UberSelect in Austin:
  • Mini Cooper ... I guess they'll be strapping the luggage to the roof ... lol
  • Jeep ... and not the Grand Cherokee kind, but the basic 4X4 ...
  • bunch of mini vans ... so much for "date night" ... not impressed
Feel free to add to the list.

I know of at least 1 pax who told a non-premium Select to cancel at the airport ... as he was going to order another car.

Coming soon to your 5* hotel ... UberSelect pedicab - hey we got leather seats too
I drive the Cooper. Car cost 38,000 and is brand new 4 door with leather interior. Fully loaded. Sorry but X rides aren't going to pay this car and the trunk has ample room. Also, what do you drive that's so nice? I've had nothing but compliments on the ambience and double sunroofs, full size nav in dash and movie player.

·
Registered
314 Posts
They sent me this email a couple months back....clearly not correct though.

From Uber Support;
"Thanks for reaching out about uberSELECT and uberLUX difference. Also, sorry for any confusion and if there is no email has been sent to Austin drivers to explain the difference.

But, to explain the difference of the service; uberSELECT was created for riders looking for an affordable luxury experience on the Uber platform. Only the highest quality partners with vehicles that meet stringent criteria are eligible to receive uberSELECT requests.

uberSELECT Vehicle Requirements are listed below:

Partners must maintain a rating of 4.6 or higher.
Vehicle must be 2008 or newer.
Vehicle must be one of the following makes: Acura, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Hummer, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Tesla.
Or, vehicle must one of the following models: Buick Enclave or Lacrosse, Chevrolet Suburban or Tahoe, Chrysler 200 or 300, Ford Expedition.

On the other hand, uberLUX has strict vehicle guidelines that guarantee any user who requests a car will experience Uber's ultimate level of luxury. Currently, it is only available to a select group of riders who can share a special promo code with 5 friends that will allow them to have the view as well.

uberLUX Vehicle Requirements are listed below:

Partners must maintain a rating of 4.8 or higher.
Vehicle must be 2010 or newer.
Vehicle must be one of the following makes: Audi A8, BMW 7 Series, Jaguar XJ, Lexus LS, Mercedes-Benz S-Class, G-Class, Porsche Panamera, Tesla Model 5, Bentley All 4-door, Maybach All 4-door, and Rolls Royce All 4-door.

Thanks again for letting us know. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out."

·
Registered
436 Posts
That's funny considering I've gotten two different emails from Uber in the last 2 months stating select requirements are 1) dark or neutral color, 2) leather interior, and 3) spotless interior.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's funny considering I've gotten two different emails from Uber in the last 2 months stating select requirements are 1) dark or neutral color, 2) leather interior, and 3) spotless interior.
Exactly. I have a dark grey premium paint that cost extra as an option. Spotless interior (new car) and satellite grey leather. Really tired of people talking trash and wish people would just be happy for others instead of going on a tirade about how our cars aren't premium.

Speaking of which, every car publication says that the mini is a premium vehicle. I could have bought 3 ford fiestas for the same money.

·
Registered
436 Posts
and oh yea, I got my Jetta TDI on select immediately after got the first email in mid-August. Don't understand why people argue with me about it. Uber had to approve it by a visual inspection. If you don't like it complain to them, not me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
and oh yea, I got my Jetta TDI on select immediately after got the first email in mid-August. Don't understand why people argue with me about it. Uber had to approve it by a visual inspection. If you don't like it complain to them, not me.
It's alright Nate, just a bunch of butt-hurt in here because they didn't make Lux class.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Kudos to those who are getting paid more for Select. You deserve it! Uber X rates are just too hard to exist on. Keep those cars shiny!

Here is what I do know about Select as a Lux driver, based on customer comments to me:
1) The difference is not communicated to passengers and they constantly ask me about it.
2) Quite a few people complain about the quality of Select car or driver that picked them up and are not happy they paid a premium for it. Mostly this is from business people expecting a large sedan. Happily this poor experience bumps them up to Lux so it's a win for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Kudos to those who are getting paid more for Select. You deserve it! Uber X rates are just too hard to exist on. Keep those cars shiny!

Here is what I do know about Select as a Lux driver, based on customer comments to me:
1) The difference is not communicated to passengers and they constantly ask me about it.
2) Quite a few people complain about the quality of Select car or driver that picked them up and are not happy they paid a premium for it. Mostly this is from business people expecting a large sedan. Happily this poor experience bumps them up to Lux so it's a win for me.
Thankfully someone with a shred of sympathy. Yes, X-rates suck. I don't own a paid off twice over 2006 Prius. People in ATX *like* the MINI brand. After all, it is a BMW manufactured vehicle with a BMW chassis, BMW computer, BMW engine, etc..

Kudos to all of those who don't get dragged into dirt cheap unprofitable fares.

·
Registered
436 Posts
BramasoleATX, I agree with #1. I have pax ask me the difference all the time and then when I explain it they say "Why would I pay extra just for leather seats?" Uber does a good job of making it hard to discern what the criteria are for each category, probably by design.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts