Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday afternoon, August 16, 4:30pm at Yarborough Branch Library Meeting Room.
2200 Hancock.

A personal challenge to the other attendees of the previous 2 meetings...make an effort to bring one other driver to the meeting with you.

Thanks to Toddal for securing the space!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm out of town this weekend but I want to get involved. I stopped driving after the rate cut and just deleted the app. I was dojng it to make extra cash but think it's unfair for those driving as a primary job. Keep updating about the meetings.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nana_m, I will see what we can do there. I'm sure someone can set up something of that nature.

ktatx, Stay tuned. We will keep updating weekly.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
More Twitteegery: call out the "Austin jobs" tweets. State the rates and lack of tip feature, implore readers to #DoTheUberMathATX

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
More Twitteegery: call out the "Austin jobs" tweets. State the rates and lack of tip feature, implore readers to #DoTheUberMathATX
Seriously-start a trend-
Use the hashtag like #ubered does!
But DO NOT STALK people. IMO that's one thing those guys do wrong. Every time anyone makes a complaint, they will chime in with #ubered and it's really annoying to someone who just just their keys, or was hit with a bogus charge, etc.

But a #doTheUberMath type of tag could target the claims for revenue, AND could be used to build awareness of the absurdity of expecting <$5 rides in a nice car!!!!

·
Banned
276 Posts
I would give my left arm for her to be President. It would only be one term but something like that is our only hope for some actual change in America.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would give my left arm for her to be President. It would only be one term but something like that is our only hope for some actual change in America.
This is way off topic so I'll probably get bashed for this, but: no, the last thing we need is for someone like Eliz Warren to find herself in a role where she can't be who she is. We need her RIGHT where she IS so she can keep being HERsELF and calling these people out. The President isn't going to say boo about Uber but Eliz Warren will because her role allows her that much. The Presidency is a sitting duck role where people lose all their power because they've given up all their chips to buy the seat. There's not much power there. Possibly the higher up politicians go, the more of themselves they have to give up until they are ultimately puppets of corporations and lobby groups. OK, please, anyone wishing to take me on in this issue, please INboX me, and forgive me for going off on this tangent lol.

·
Banned
276 Posts
This is way off topic so I'll probably get bashed for this, but: no, the last thing we need is for someone like Eliz Warren to find herself in a role where she can't be who she is. We need her RIGHT where she IS so she can keep being HERsELF and calling these people out. The President isn't going to say boo about Uber but Eliz Warren will because her role allows her that much. The Presidency is a sitting duck role where people lose all their power because they've given up all their chips to buy the seat. There's not much power there. Possibly the higher up politicians go, the more of themselves they have to give up until they are ultimately puppets of corporations and lobby groups. OK, please, anyone wishing to take me on in this issue, please INboX me, and forgive me for going off on this tangent lol.
The "problem" with your answer is that she is currently too powerless to actually do much. (See her signature work on Dodd/ Frank credit banking reform get 100% ass raped by the Republicans and lobbyists and banks for an example.) That's why I said she would be one term...but that ****ing term would count for something GD It!! But....I hear you sorta. Would hate for her to get beat down by an office like the Presidency. Just hope she can find her path over the next few years and make the impact that she deserves.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.