Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I understand things are a bit disorganized in Austin. I'm a Los Angeles based driver that will be coming into Austin airport late on Friday evening. What would it cost me to go 78250 in San Antonio. I can pay in cash, or card. Or download whatever app. Yes I tip. Two persons. We travel light.

Feel free to PM me, or whatever you are comfortable with.

L

·
Registered
69 Posts
I understand things are a bit disorganized in Austin. I'm a Los Angeles based driver that will be coming into Austin airport late on Friday evening. What would it cost me to go 78250 in San Antonio. I can pay in cash, or card. Or download whatever app. Yes I tip. Two persons. We travel light.

L
You can download the FARE app & get a quote for your ride.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like to maximize my discounts. Is their a code that gives me some percentage off, or is that what your code does? We don't have Fare in Los Angeles.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
I like to maximize my discounts. Is their a code that gives me some percentage off, or is that what your code does? We don't have Fare in Los Angeles.
No ... that code does not give any percentage off; since you're a driver ... I will be straight with you. Using a driver's code gives them 10% of your ride cost, whether or not you ride with them; and obviously, that driver is ignoring the "DON'T POST CODES" policy of UP.net.

Assuming you are arriving hailing a ride before 1AM ... the best discounted ride is with GETME and use discount "saferide" for 50% off. With GetMe you cannot specify a specific driver; but unlike Fare, GetMe has service in San Antonio. The per mile cost of GetMe ($2.05/mi) is higher than Fare ($1.20/mi) ... but with the "saferide" discount it drops GetMe to ($1.02/mi) which on a 95 mile trip will save you a few bucks.

**Truthfully, I saw your post 6 minutes after you posted it ... and I was hopeful that since you were a fellow driver, someone would have given you the real skinny. I have other commitments that preclude me from taking you to SAT myself or I would have offered my services.

I'd recommend staying away from anyone offering you a ride with Arcade City as they are not authorized to operate within Austin and most drivers only have personal insurance (no company insurance) so the risk is extremely high. *plus they don't have an app

Overall the cost for the trip will be essentially the same on every app since the rates line up like this - Fasten ($1.15/mi), Fare ($1.20/mi), GetMe ($1.02/mi with the "saferide" 50% off) ... not a huge difference ... but considering you're going almost 100 miles, GetMe will save you nearly $20

·
Registered
60 Posts

L
I'm not sure how business are done in LA and I do I agree we are a bit disorganize in Austin and is maybe because of a booming requests or solicitation of drivers to take jobs outside the approved TNC companies approved to provide services. I suggest you download an App for your trip
I'm sure any driver will be happy to drive you where ever you need to go, safe and with out any problems.
here are the most common Apps in Austin
FARE
GETME
FASTEN
WINGZ
You can get a quote from any of them, you can find promo codes on line or I think they even have codes when you download their app.
Not trying to be an ass about it, I think that is the safer way to go. BTW you can still TIP your driver in App or Not. have a Safe Trip

·
Registered
69 Posts
No ... that code does not give any percentage off; since you're a driver ... I will be straight with you. Using a driver's code gives them 10% of your ride cost, whether or not you ride with them; and obviously, that driver is ignoring the "DON'T POST CODES" policy of UP.net.
Ziggy is 100% correct - not supposed to post codes in here (totally forgot; shows I shouldn't post after working 16 hours straight) - mention of codes has been deleted in the previous post - thanks Ziggy :)

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Fasten doesn't have in-app tipping

·
Registered
69 Posts
The way FARE works - the referral code you use when you download gives the referee (is that a word?) a 10% bonus on any ride you take. Once you sign up, you'll then get a code as well - if folks use your code to sign up, you'll get 10% of all of their rides towards credit for your own personal rides (talked to 1 person over the weekend that said he hasn't paid for a ride in 2 weeks because of this).
Anyway, enjoy your trip - as I said, I work the airport quite a bit, so maybe I'll end up driving you :)

·
Registered
850 Posts

L
You're going to have a hard time getting someone to pick you up because of the time they are coming in. But drivers and be downtow you're going to have a hard time getting someone to pick you up because of the time and they are coming in. Most drivers will be downtown.

It sounds like you are looking for an Arcade City situation.

While in town please don't advertise to every driver that picks you up that you are from So Cal. For some reason this is always the first thing your people say when they get in the car even before hello. It sets the wrong tone for the ride as most native Austinites don't like the So Cal crowd.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
You're going to have a hard time getting someone to pick you up because of the time they are coming in. But drivers and be downtow you're going to have a hard time getting someone to pick you up because of the time and they are coming in. Most drivers will be downtown.

It sounds like you are looking for an Arcade City situation.

While in town please don't advertise to every driver that picks you up that you are from So Cal. For some reason this is always the first thing your people say when they get in the car even before hello. It sets the wrong tone for the ride as most native Austinites don't like the So Cal crowd.
Please ... Don't tell people to take Arcade City; you are doing a disservice to them as Arcade City is not only illegal, few, if any, drivers have adequate insurance. And since Arcade City doesn't provide any insurance whatsoever, the drivers must have commercial livery insurance to satisfy the Texas Law HB1733; albeit, even if the drivers had commercial livery insurance to comply with HB1733, they still would be in violation of Austin City Code 13-2 because Arcade City does not have operating authority in Austin.

Liquid ... the only legal & safe methods of transport between Austin airport and San Antonio are:
If you're going to go with an Arcade City driver .. you may as well walk out to the highway and stick out your thumb as the hitchhiker method is probably cheaper and safer

And last, but not least, personally, I don't mind people from So.Cal ... as long as they don't move here. Everyone is welcome in Austin, stay awhile and then go home ;)

Reactions: Tx rides
1 - 13 of 13 Posts