Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a couple weeks now there have been signs posted and as of today an article in the UT about beginning of construction on the new 4 story parking structure...this will result in total shut down of parking area (it appears including the current rideshare pickup area) for up to 20 months!!!!

Has anyone seen anything from local rideshare companies about a new pickup area? I don't work SAN much anymore but still will need to know.

I can't believe Lyft and Uber SD send us all kind of useless info and nasty texts and emails but on something that is important we hear nothing (until the last minute).

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The McCaine road parking area will remain open but will also get the majority of parking...also minimal cross over from Terminal 2 (all the way west to Baggage Claim 7 area) but at least there is one...I don't think there is any really good place there for pickup/staging though.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm willing to bet they will have a temporary location that may be closer to the curbside. May be the reason they now have a waiting lot for us, its probably going to mimic the way SAN handles taxi's.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm willing to bet they will have a temporary location that may be closer to the curbside. May be the reason they now have a waiting lot for us, its probably going to mimic the way SAN handles taxi's.
Without actually going curbside we would have to use either the current TAXI zone or the LIMO/Bus area...which may be the only other option to something near the crosswalk at the McCaine road parking area.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
From a contact of mine; pickups will now be at Departures just past United. With an Officer there at all times.

Edit: just for Terminal 2 pick-ups.

Terminal 1 remains unchanged.
Boy that will really clog up the end of departures. Not sure how that will work but I may have to drive over just to scope it out.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I agree with the clogging up and then we're gonna have that POS officer yelling at us while the freakin rider is picking his bags, it's gonna be a mess like the parking exit last week

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Received an airport pickup request 4 UBERX curbside pickup Terminal 2, I assume since the parking lot was closing this would be legal I never received the request for curbside pickup from The Uber app 4 UBERX. Picked up the Pax and received a ticket. Uber customer service is of no help. Didn't even read my text contents requesting an explanation why I was given curbside pickup request. Travis kalanick is ****

·
Registered
550 Posts
Received an airport pickup request 4 UBERX curbside pickup Terminal 2, I assume since the parking lot was closing this would be legal I never received the request for curbside pickup from The Uber app 4 UBERX. Picked up the Pax and received a ticket. Uber customer service is of no help. Didn't even read my text contents requesting an explanation why I was given curbside pickup request. Travis kalanick is ****
Dude, the lot isn't closed until August 6th!

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
The lots not closed yet but the request was for Uber curbside pickup Terminal 2. have you ever received a curbside pickup request before ? Just curious it was new to me thanks

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
When its busy it'll be a shit show for sure, but it can't really be worse than having us pull into parking spots and having to back out... Just another reason not to drive SAN.

Kinda blows though I liked hanging out up there in the smoking section at the top of the ramp. cold vaping, waiting on a Lyft, trade dress on the seat. haha

·
Registered
550 Posts
SUV doesn't have FIFO at SAN?
When I first started Uber I was on X. Since then I have upgraded and added multiple accounts, on my X account I see the que for the airport, but on my higher accounts I see no symbol for the airport at all, and my car disappears from the rider app when I enter the FIFO. Then after like 20 mins it shows up, but I have no clue if I am in line, or how I would get a request. I don't waste my time trying to find out either. I emailed Uber and they said "Going to the Del Mar fair for a pickup is easy..." you can guess the rest of that email. Then the next email was "Going to pick up at SAN is easy...", same generic BS that had nothing to do with me asking my questions.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SUV doesn't have FIFO at SAN?
Once again...confusing FIFO with a Que, I think. ALL Uber Vehicles who want an airport pickup MUST be in the FIFO zone. However, only UBERX will see the Que...as I mentioned can't predict the number of pax who will order premium services so can't have a seperate Que! If I am signed on as Uber X I will still get pickups for XL as long as I am in the FIFO zone.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Once again...confusing FIFO with a Que, I think. ALL Uber Vehicles who want an airport pickup MUST be in the FIFO zone. However, only UBERX will see the Que...as I mentioned can't predict the number of pax who will order premium services so can't have a seperate Que! If I am signed on as Uber X I will still get pickups for XL as long as I am in the FIFO zone.
A better descriptor would create less confusion. I think what you are talking about is the countdown timer display, which I gather isn't shown for other than X cars in the que. Que being the same as FIFO in terms of use case.

thanks for clraifying

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
A better descriptor would create less confusion. I think what you are talking about is the countdown timer display, which I gather isn't shown for other than X cars in the que. Que being the same as FIFO in terms of use case.

thanks for clraifying
Seems to me they are going to allow taxis and shuttles in the usual place, eh? ( they woudl have to, unless they are moving them, and where would that be? ) I think you'll be allowed to pick up in the regular area, they just wont allow parking there. But, I'm guessing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts