·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Selling Customer Building Publication
Pink Retail Selling Customer Building
Table Market Retail Event Cuisine
Food Ingredient Jaw Recipe Staple food
I'm another active Uber driver like most of us here. I make $200 more or less than many of you so we are all on the same page. Some weeks I make over a $1000 and sometime I enjoy the flixibility and make less because I can.
This is not about how much we make or why we don't make more and how Uber upfront pricing is screwing us. This is about what's going on on our planet and how our brothers and sisters are fighting over a couple bottles of water at Costco in Florida. This is about what happened in Houston not too long ago and how they have no where to live now.

Many of our brothers and sisters are homeless as we speak and many of them were living a quality quite life, full of joy with their roosters singing loud at 5am and their horses running around waiting for them everyday. The ones that can't find each other anymore.

Uber has improved, they're offering higher incentives and $180 promotion which I hit last week even tho I missed 2 days of work traveling to Mexico to fix my teeth. (Shame on me with spending that money while our people are suffering not too far from me).

Uber is trying and I can not be against them. You know why? Because I am not a surgeon or someone with high degrees claiming 6figures income with just driving. We have the option to drive with them or stop but that's not the point why I share this with you.

Our planet is angry as hell at us. Forget about the Middle East. The damages that we as a family in the US are suffering from these days are way deeper than the terrorist attacks, the war around the world and every bad thing combined.

And what we do? We complaine why we don't make $200 more per week which we can if we stop spending time here 16 hours per week and driving.

I don't believe in miracles, gods or prayers but let's hope for the best for the people that are suffering as we are enjoying our air conditioning under our roof with ice cold beer waiting for us in our working fridge and the happy dog jumping on us when we finish our shift.

What if Uber stop operating when you wake up in the morning to an email saying thanks for your partnership...we are out?!

Let's be grateful and appreciate the opportunity we have. It's not life changing yes, but we are lucky enough to have the chance to swip online and drive on dry roads to earn money. We've made that decision and we have the roads wide open in front of us to raise the numbers even tho they're not easy to be lifted sometimes.

Houston and Florida. Let's keep them in mind and our hearts. The rest is BS and excuses.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Complaining about uber is for sure first world problems, but then again we do live in the first world.

You wanna live in a 3rd world country there are plenty to choose from... be my guest.
Just like we have the choice to not drive for Uber, so do people have the choice to not live in a hurricane zone. Don't like floods? Don't live below sea level!
so basically let's screw the rest of the world including what's going on in 1st world and sue Uber. Ok, I think I've found the solution already. Thank you

And LoveBC would you still say that if that ever happened in CA and you were not able to find drinking water? No, you wouldn't for sure

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Just like we have the choice to not drive for Uber, so do people have the choice to not live in a hurricane zone. Don't like floods? Don't live below sea level!
Explain to me where I SHOULD live? East coast--snow and there was Sandy...maybe California...oh, wait remember the 1989 earhquake?

Tornado Alley? Minnesota, then? Cows dying in the fields from cold? No thanks.

Maybe another city? One with rampant crime, perhaps.

Washington? Under Mt Helens?

I can't think of one safe spot in this country.

·
Premium Member
23,321 Posts
Good points on this Johnny Walker - But do remember that Uber has lied to a lot of people who could donate $'s to causes like this, if they actually earned like Uber told them they would.

There is a bunch of griping and complaining on here (it's the water cooler for many) but that doesn't mean we are not grateful for the daily good we have. Nor that we don't care about Houston/Miami and their suffering.

If one could not complain about their particular situation, based on worse suffering in the world, nothing would ever get better. ;)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good points on this Johnny Walker - But do remember that Uber has lied to a lot of people who could donate $'s to causes like this, if they actually earned like Uber told them they would.

There is a bunch of griping and complaining on here (it's the water cooler for many) but that doesn't mean we are not grateful for the daily good we have. Nor that we don't care about Houston/Miami and their suffering.

If one could not complain about their particular situation, based on worse suffering in the world, nothing would ever get better. ;)
The main problem is the cold relationship between Uber and the drivers but if you look at the incentives and the promotions lately you can make the same they're asking for if not more per trip. And that doesn't not include surge which is still happening (big time at certain times and locations).
I'm not sure if those numbers and pings are the same for every driver but I see improvements on my screen and earnings.

·
Premium Member
23,321 Posts
The main problem is the cold relationship between Uber and the drivers but if you look at the incentives and the promotions lately you can make the same they're asking for if not more per trip. And that doesn't not include surge which is still happening (big time at certain times and locations).
I'm not sure if those numbers and pings are the same for every driver but I see improvements on my screen and earnings.
The main problem is Uber lowered the Rates from the original $2.50 per mile to $1.50 per mile to $1.20 per mile (what I started at) to .90 cents per mile today in L.A. Aaaaand they have signed up way too many drivers. Add Uber's attitude towards drivers (cold relationship) and you have a bad experience gone worse.

Just the same....all kinds of good thoughts for everyone in Houston & Miami right now. ;)

Incentives are not anything special....and definitely won't help a driver earn the 90k that Uber promised in the early days...and not even the $35 an hour they still lie about.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The main problem is Uber lowered the Rates from the original $2.50 per mile to $1.50 per mile to $1.20 per mile (what I started at) to .90 cents per mile today in L.A. Aaaaand they have signed up way too many drivers. Add Uber's attitude towards drivers (cold relationship) and you have a bad experience gone worse.

Just the same....all kinds of good thoughts for everyone in Houston & Miami right now. ;)
That's exactly why Uber is suffering right now. Just like a guy who won that 2.5 mil lottery and spending it with being drunk all day long without any future plans for that 'god gifted' money (the investors in this case).

I have nothing to say when it comes to people like you who's lived the $2.5 per mile life, but at the same time let's not forget how badly Uber is missing those days as you are with a stupid mistake the CEO made at that time with closing his eyes on a drunk night & decreasing the rates.
Uber wants those rates back as bad as you and I. It may not be $2.5 anymore but I promise you they will be close to those number you know why buddy? Because both Uber and you deserve it.

At the same time there are so many lazy drivers that don't want to work and make big money at the same time without giving a single damn about what's going on in our world. They're heartless. The people that separate this world with 1st world and 3rd world bs and don't give a damn if someone has lost his home to the nature's anger because they feel comfortable as we speak in their small world on their broken couch in grandmas basement who has not collected rent from them for years because she's disabled.

It's a nasty world UberLaLa it's a nasty world

·
Premium Member
23,321 Posts
That's exactly why Uber is suffering right now. Just like a guy who won that 2.5 mil lottery and spending it with being drunk all day long without any future plans for that 'god gifted' money (the investors in this case).

I have nothing to say when it comes to people like you who's lived the $2.5 per mile life, but at the same time let's not forget how badly Uber is missing those days as you are with a stupid mistake the CEO made at that time with closing his eyes on a drunk night & decreasing the rates.
Uber wants those rates back as bad as you and I. It may not be $2.5 anymore but I promise you they will be close to those number you know why buddy? Because both Uber and you deserve it.

At the same time there are so many lazy drivers that don't want to work and make big money at the same time without giving a single damn about what's going on in our world. They're heartless. The people that separate this world with 1st world and 3rd world bs and don't give a damn if someone has lost his home to the nature's anger because they feel comfortable as we speak in their small world on their broken couch in grandmas basement who has not collected rent from them for years because she's disabled.

It's a nasty world UberLaLa it's a nasty world
To be clear...I started at $1.20 a mile...not the $2.50

But I will say that extra .30 cents a mile makes the difference between breaking even driving Uber and making some profit.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Last week i rented car from hertz , 205 + ubering 20 =$225
Lets say i spent $100 on gas
Thats:$325
How much i made in 7 days $900
900_325= 575 in 7 days
Thats the reality ,unfair practice of employment and work . If you have conscious screaming at you try to make fair and equal right for working people .

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Last week i rented car from hertz , 205 + ubering 20 =$225
Lets say i spent $100 on gas
Thats:$325
How much i made in 7 days $900
900_325= 575 in 7 days
Thats the reality ,unfair practice of employment and work . If you have conscious screaming at you try to make fair and equal right for working people .
I did rent with Hertz for 5 months. To see if I like this or not and I have 2 door cars not qualified for Uber. My buddy hooked me up with the best cars at Van Nuys locations. Car out with full tank and returned almost empty.
You will lose money on rental or lease. If you ever get any tickets like red light (which you can avoid if you own a car) they will deduct it from your bank account before you even know it.

I picked up a 10 Prius 3 months ago and now I can breath. Renting or leasing is absolute bs and they will get rid of those programs sooner or later anyways so plan ahead

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I did rent with Hertz for 5 months. To see if I like this or not and I have 2 door cars not qualified for Uber. My buddy hooked me up with the best cars at Van Nuys locations. Car out with full tank and returned almost empty.
You will lose money on rental or lease. If you ever get any tickets like red light (which you can avoid if you own a car) they will deduct it from your bank account before you even know it.

I picked up a 10 Prius 3 months ago and now I can breath. Renting or leasing is absolute bs and they will get rid of those programs sooner or later anyways so plan ahead
They raised price after sep 5 from 180 before tax to 214 before tax .if i had plan to stay longer in us i would've bought new car but I'm hoping to leave in 2 month.

They raised price after sep 5 from 180 before tax to 214 before tax .if i had plan to stay longer in us i would've bought new car but I'm hoping to leave in 2 month.
Plus i was looking for ,spending less on gas but they don't have fuel efficient car ,so i decided drive my own car .anyway i feel the same way you feel about about those poor people but system is crooked.
We should help if we may but disregarding fixing system is like putting lipstick on dead.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm aware of that rate increase. They will eventually stop the rental as well as the leasing program before end of the year.
Enterprise is not an option anymore (they were expensive from the beginning anyways).
I put 8000 miles per return on each car to learn the trick. Maybe that's the reason they discontinued the program.

I wish you the best man. Do what works for you and be safe out there

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I'm aware of that rate increase. They will eventually stop the rental as well as the leasing program before end of the year.
Enterprise is not an option anymore (they were expensive from the beginning anyways).
I put 8000 miles per return on each car to learn the trick. Maybe that's the reason they discontinued the program.

I wish you the best man. Do what works for you and be safe out there
Thx enterprise stopped renting program with uber while ago .

·
Premium Member
4,292 Posts
I am a compassionate person. I give respect to everyone until proven wrong (I get burned sometimes but I can live with this). I try to be nice and do what's right but can say no FU Sh$&t head when appropriate.

So I get why Johnny Walker started this thread.

But here's the kicker. I can also rub my tummy and pat my head at the same time. I'm not confused by either.

Uber App is brilliant. Uber Corporation, Uber Investors, and Uber Board Members are either Evil Dou$che Bags or Nice but Complicit Evil Dou$che Bags. And that is B. T. k. (Before Travis Kalanick) and current.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.