Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention DFW Airport drivers:

If you are screening your passenger's destinations prior to pick up and then cancelling, beware. Passengers are complaining about it and they are emailing Uber. A friend of mine was warned and threatened with deactivation and I know of one driver who was already dectivated. The guy I picked up yesterday was a VIP user and he was pretty indignant and upset. He was emailing Uber about it from my backseat. (Coppell ride and ended up handing me a $5 tip).

You have been warned.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

If you are screening your passenger's destinations prior to pick up and then cancelling, beware. Passengers are complaining about it and they are emailing Uber. A friend of mine was warned and threatened with deactivation and I know of one driver who was already dectivated. The guy I picked up yesterday was a VIP user and he was pretty indignant and upset. He was emailing Uber about it from my backseat. (Coppell ride and ended up handing me a $5 tip).

You have been warned.
this is rideshare only pick up pax on path to my distination ! If you get deactivated contact a lawyer ! If uber want you to pick up any fare they should change their status from rideshare to taxi company and adjust the rates to $2 per mile! What a bunch of clowns!

·
Registered
187 Posts
If I had jumped through every hoop to legally do it, then sat my ass in the que for over an hour in the sweltering Texas heat just to get some lousy UberX request coming through, I would want to know it was not a waste of time either. I personally do not do this, because I feel like it is highly unprofessional, but I absolutely understand why people do it. It is the same reason I don't take regular X trips under normal circumstances. Every trip needs to be worth your time, it is the single greatest failing in the uber business model.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I thought about this many times when I picked up short rides. On one hand, I ask myself why am I pissed at the passanger when they r going short, they didn't ask me to sit and wait in the "Q" for an hour and taking that risk of getting a short one especially from love field. On the other hand, it's technically Uber's fault for not setting a minimum fare from DFW and love field. At least make it $15 at DFW and $10 at love . The passengers are only using the system created by uber and I don't blame them :)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I thought about this many times when I picked up short rides. On one hand, I ask myself why am I pissed at the passanger when they r going short, they didn't ask me to sit and wait in the "Q" for an hour and taking that risk of getting a short one especially from love field. On the other hand, it's technically Uber's fault for not setting a minimum fare from DFW and love field. At least make it $15 at DFW and $10 at love . The passengers are only using the system created by uber and I don't blame them :)
Pax are guilty as uber! Pax know that the driver is making nothing and still they refuse to reach their pocket and tip! So don't feel sorry for the pax as they don't feel sorry for you!

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts

You have been warned.
Good advice,but at these rates the threat of deactivation is not the same.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Guess what, basically it is at least $15 from DFW and $10 from Love minimum because uber charges $1.75 insurance plus $2 toll at DFW only , plus $2 for an airport fee at each airport. We only net half of what the rider pays in many cases. The rider see $14 and we see $6.48. Very cruel, indeed! The airports don't surge because Uber wants to beat the taxi fares by a certain figure.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts

You have been warned.
VIP passengers are very quick to critique any driver and experience. VIP takes 10 trips a month or more and more than likely it is a short trip. You have been warned!

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
That's about right. .a VIP rider emails uber to complain about something.

What other person was trying to say is after waiting at airport for so long to only get a short trip, we should net 15 or 10 depending on which airport.

It has happened to me. .wait at dfw for 30-45 minutes then get one going to the Weston in Irving or even worse to the AA training center right outside airport.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Both Uber/Lyft should do this, both would make more money at airports.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
That's about right. .a VIP rider emails uber to complain about something.

What other person was trying to say is after waiting at airport for so long to only get a short trip, we should net 15 or 10 depending on which airport.

It has happened to me. .wait at dfw for 30-45 minutes then get one going to the Weston in Irving or even worse to the AA training center right outside airport.
I would "1" star those American Airlines employees. Let me guess do they tip? Nope. Cab drivers won't even pick them up, to short of a ride.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Uber/lyft already dirt cheap compared to cabs..90% of uber/lyft vehicles are so much cleaner and nicer than cabs..

So they (pax) really get a sweet deal from airports.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
I would "1" star those American Airlines employees. Let me guess do they tip? Nope. Cab drivers won't even pick them up, to short of a ride.
Even long trips can put u in a bad far from civilization location. No possible fare or return money on the way back! Sometimes I miss out on a huge concert letting out or sporting event because rider lives in opposite direction and I decided to do an airport pickup before it gets busy.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The possibility of short rides are why I like sticking to love field. I only waited 15 -20 minutes versus 40 at dfw. I only pickup at Dfw if I have a trip that drops off there, get the 2$ in and out.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The possibility of short rides are why I like sticking to love field. I only waited 15 -20 minutes versus 40 at dfw. I only pickup at Dfw if I have a trip that drops off there, get the 2$ in and out.
I don't even pick up at love field anymore, nothing but really short rides. I might grab an XL rider if I am already there on my way out.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
I'd like to say hello to the DFW operations team. I know you read this board everyday.

Raise the damn rates.

Reactions: KMANDERSON

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
I'd like to say hello to the DFW operations team. I know you read this board everyday.

Raise the damn rates.

Raise the damn rates.
PAY all of the tolls on the George Bush , Sam Rayburn and North Dallas tollway. We are tired of emailing u after every trip. You are stealing from many of the drivers!

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
PAY all of the tolls on the George Bush , Sam Rayburn and North Dallas tollway. We are tired of emailing u after every trip. You are stealing from many of the drivers!
Tolls are a lost cause.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts