Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALL UBER DRIVERS SHOULD KNOW THAT IN THE TRANSPORTATION WORLD WE ARE CONSIDERED TO BE PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS. JUST BECAUSE WE ( IF YOU USE YOUR OWN CAR ) USE OUR PERSONAL VEHICLE DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE RULES DO NOT APPLY TO US. IT IS ILLEGAL FOR ANYONE WHO GETS PAID TO TRANSPORT PASSENGERS ON ROADWAYS TO DRIVE FOR MORE THAN 10 HOURS A DAY. ASK THE D.O.T., OR ANYONE WHO GETS PAID TO TRANSPORT PASSENGERS. YOU COULD END UP WITH A $1000 FINE, LOSE YOUR LICENSE OR EVEN JAIL TIME. DON'T HATE THE MESSENGER. SECONDLY, WE ARE EMPLOYEES OF UBER SEEING THAT WE MUST OBEY THEIR GUIDELINES OR RISK OUR ACCOUNTS BEING DEACTIVATED. DID YOU KNOW THAT UBER ENCOURAGES RIDERS TO MAKE STOPS ON FLAT RATE (POOL) FARES? YES, THEY DO. BUT IF AND WHEN A RIDER STOPS ON A FLAT RATE FARE WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO REPORT THEM. IT WON'T DO ANY GOOD THOUGH. ALSO IF A DRIVER GIVES RIDERS TOO MANY BAD RATINGS OR CANCELS REQUESTS BECAUSE THE RIDER HAS A BAD RATING, UBER WILL PENALIZE THAT DRIVER VIA THEIR RATING. BEST THING TO DO IS LET THE REQUEST EXPIRE. NOT TOO MUCH THOUGH. LASTLY IT HELPS TO EXPLAIN TO THE RIDER THAT GIVING A DRIVER FIVE STARS IS THE LEAST THAT THEY CAN DO SEEING THAT THEY EXPECT TO LISTEN TO THEIR MUSIC, CURB SERVICE, WATER, GUM, AND PHONE CHARGING WITHOUT HAVING TO TIP. ANOTHER TIP IS BEFORE STARTING A POOL TRIP MAKE SURE THEY UNDERSTAND THAT THE DRIVER MAY HAVE TO PICK UP MORE PASSENGERS, THAT SURGE PRICING APPLIES WHEN SURGING, AND THAT THE DRIVER HAS NO CONTROL OVER WHO GETS PICKED UP WHEN OR WHERE OR WHO GETS DROPPED OFF FIRST. KEEPING IT REAL!
DMVC Section 21702 Limitation on Driving Hours.png

·
Registered
857 Posts
Depends on your state.. Plus are you a commercial driver during period 1? how bout 2? or only when the pax is in the car?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I mean no disrespect. Your points are all perfectly valid. Maybe just don't SHOUT IN UNPUNCTUATED CAPITAL LETTERS TO ANYONE WHO MAY POSSIBLY BE LISTENING.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
How about taking the CAPS LOCK OFF, and using paragraphs and spacing - I might read more than one line of your post then.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Since I have no pings right now textfixer.com this shit
As always I don't make any money doing what I do....

all uber drivers should know that in the transportation world we are considered to be professional drivers. just because we ( if you use your own car ) use our personal vehicle does not mean that the rules do not apply to us.

it is illegal for anyone who gets paid to transport passengers on roadways to drive for more than 10 hours a day. ask the d.o.t., or anyone who gets paid to transport passengers. you could end up with a $1000 fine, lose your license or even jail time. don't hate the messenger.

secondly, we are employees of uber seeing that we must obey their guidelines or risk our accounts being deactivated. did you know that uber encourages riders to make stops on flat rate (pool) fares? yes, they do. but if and when a rider stops on a flat rate fare we have the opportunity to report them. it won't do any good though.

also if a driver gives riders too many bad ratings or cancels requests because the rider has a bad rating, uber will penalize that driver via their rating. best thing to do is let the request expire. not too much though. lastly it helps to explain to the rider that giving a driver five stars is the least that they can do seeing that they expect to listen to their music, curb service, water, gum, and phone charging without having to tip.

another tip is before starting a pool trip make sure they understand that the driver may have to pick up more passengers, that surge pricing applies when surging, and that the driver has no control over who gets picked up when or where or who gets dropped off first.

keeping it real!
Ummmm - Yes I did know

Does that answer your question?

·
Registered
857 Posts
and it depends on the state. In Minnesota its 10 hours on, 8 off if the truck is 10,000 GVW or higher. you can drive anything commerical as long as you want unregulated if the GVW is 9,999 or less. you need to know YOUR states laws to know if you are in compliance or not.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Uber penalizes you for giving riders low ratings? If people don't tip I always give them 1 star, maybe 2-3 stars if they're really friendly.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Stars starts stars = blah blah BLAH.
Who gives a flying **** ?

Delete this post.

You obviously didn't read thru the forum before attempting to tell us correctly
something we already know.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ALL UBER DRIVERS SHOULD KNOW THAT IN THE TRANSPORTATION WORLD WE ARE CONSIDERED TO BE PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS. JUST BECAUSE WE ( IF YOU USE YOUR OWN CAR ) USE OUR PERSONAL VEHICLE DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE RULES DO NOT APPLY TO US. IT IS ILLEGAL FOR ANYONE WHO GETS PAID TO TRANSPORT PASSENGERS ON ROADWAYS TO DRIVE FOR MORE THAN 10 HOURS A DAY. ASK THE D.O.T., OR ANYONE WHO GETS PAID TO TRANSPORT PASSENGERS. YOU COULD END UP WITH A $1000 FINE, LOSE YOUR LICENSE OR EVEN JAIL TIME. DON'T HATE THE MESSENGER. SECONDLY, WE ARE EMPLOYEES OF UBER SEEING THAT WE MUST OBEY THEIR GUIDELINES OR RISK OUR ACCOUNTS BEING DEACTIVATED. DID YOU KNOW THAT UBER ENCOURAGES RIDERS TO MAKE STOPS ON FLAT RATE (POOL) FARES? YES, THEY DO. BUT IF AND WHEN A RIDER STOPS ON A FLAT RATE FARE WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO REPORT THEM. IT WON'T DO ANY GOOD THOUGH. ALSO IF A DRIVER GIVES RIDERS TOO MANY BAD RATINGS OR CANCELS REQUESTS BECAUSE THE RIDER HAS A BAD RATING, UBER WILL PENALIZE THAT DRIVER VIA THEIR RATING. BEST THING TO DO IS LET THE REQUEST EXPIRE. NOT TOO MUCH THOUGH. LASTLY IT HELPS TO EXPLAIN TO THE RIDER THAT GIVING A DRIVER FIVE STARS IS THE LEAST THAT THEY CAN DO SEEING THAT THEY EXPECT TO LISTEN TO THEIR MUSIC, CURB SERVICE, WATER, GUM, AND PHONE CHARGING WITHOUT HAVING TO TIP. ANOTHER TIP IS BEFORE STARTING A POOL TRIP MAKE SURE THEY UNDERSTAND THAT THE DRIVER MAY HAVE TO PICK UP MORE PASSENGERS, THAT SURGE PRICING APPLIES WHEN SURGING, AND THAT THE DRIVER HAS NO CONTROL OVER WHO GETS PICKED UP WHEN OR WHERE OR WHO GETS DROPPED OFF FIRST. KEEPING IT REAL! View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317 View attachment 15317
Why do you use ALL CAPS MOTHER****ER? Don't you realize THAT IT IS HARD TO READ THAT SHIT, MOTHER**** !!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
"Just a heads up. I know allot of you guys would like a personal response and inbox me. But I get allot of emails and I can't respond to all of them. I wish I had more time, but I still need even more time to jelq. Best advice, roll up your sleeves, explore your neighborhood and keep notes where you get the pings and at what time. Chart yourself a pattern. The trend is your friend."

DLD Double Long Daddy... do you remember that guy?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts