Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
View attachment 627820

At first I thought this pax was just rude or mental. But after I had canceled and got the fee, a call came in with the 415 prefix associated with Uber. He identified himself as Preston Scott ID number blah blah blah, a high level supervisor from Uber. After I'd finished laughing I hung up. I assume he would have gone on to ask for login details, password, etc, and then cashed out my week's money.

Then he requested again so I accepted and waited out the cancel fee. No idea who's paying but they ended up $8 in the hole.
Thanks for sharing !

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I don't understand, you drove something like 15 to 20 minutes to a pickup? Why did you even accept the trip in the first place?

It is never a win when you get a larger than normal cancel fee, it means you got paid base rates at best plus extra wasted time with no bonus, quest, surge or anything else on a long pickup.
Every driver is different !
I take rides sometimes just because I feel like it.
You might get a nice tip or nice next ride.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
that's a great mentality as a driver.

I was an unhappy driver b4 this pandemic, but now, I'm a happy driver. and it shows.
my rating went up from 4.87 to 4.96 and I get about 10 to 15 percent tips of my earnings.
Exactly !
Sometimes going out of your way to pick up a person can be very rewarding from a feeling standpoint.
If your only goal is to maximize financially every single second of your shift then there is a good chance you will be disappointed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts