Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
It all depends on how far you travel to get to the pickup spot. Last week I drove about 9 MI to the pick up spot, I waited and she said she was on her way. I waited again but time ran out and I got $8.93 I believe. And before you jump on me, it was on a DF, and I was on 91 North I believe. So I was heading that direction to go home anyways. :LOL:
I've called n texted to request another driver but no reply so I had to go n collect. 馃檭

Attachments

Premium Member
I don't understand, you drove something like 15 to 20 minutes to a pickup? Why did you even accept the trip in the first place?

It is never a win when you get a large than normal cancel fee, it means you got paid base rates at best plus extra wasted time with no bonus, quest, surge or anything else on a long pickup.
pickup was towards home and the trip was a shorty. plus I was at 5\10.

Premium Member
How is the trip a shorty when you have to drive that far to pick up?

If you have to drive an hour to pick up, and the paid time is 5 minutes, that is still a minimum 1h5m trip no matter how you slice or dice it. You lucked out it was a cancel because you got paid more that way but you still lost.
Was on my way home. If she cancelled, I would've been home.

Here's the thing. I was going home and saw a sticky for 9 on i5. Picked it up n logged on n if I get a shorty I'll take it if not let rider cancel.

Premium Member
Every driver is different !
I take rides sometimes just because I feel like it.
You might get a nice tip or nice next ride.
that's a great mentality as a driver.

I was an unhappy driver b4 this pandemic, but now, I'm a happy driver. and it shows.
my rating went up from 4.87 to 4.96 and I get about 10 to 15 percent tips of my earnings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts