Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm very new to this forum (this is my first post) so I apologize if this isn't the proper place to ask as a rider. I wasn't sure where else to go so I hope I can get my question answered.

I'll be going on a trip to Atlanta around the end of next month, and as the title says, I wanted to find out about airport pick ups. Are they doable? If not, is there a certain location near the airport I can go to so I can request a ride? What about drop offs?

I'll be using Lyft/Uber all throughout my 4 day trip, at least twice a day (to and from hotel -> convention center). Any advice is appreciated so I'm better prepared and I don't cause drivers any hassle!

Thank you for your time :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hi! I'm very new to this forum (this is my first post) so I apologize if this isn't the proper place to ask as a rider. I wasn't sure where else to go so I hope I can get my question answered.

I'll be going on a trip to Atlanta around the end of next month, and as the title says, I wanted to find out about airport pick ups. Are they doable? If not, is there a certain location near the airport I can go to so I can request a ride? What about drop offs?

I'll be using Lyft/Uber all throughout my 4 day trip, at least twice a day (to and from hotel -> convention center). Any advice is appreciated so I'm better prepared and I don't cause drivers any hassle!

Thank you for your time :)
When you get there and have your bags and are ready to go, open the Uber App and make sure your pin is at the airport. You should see this:

image.jpg

Touch the screen and you'll see this:

image.jpg

Select your terminal and the door your near and then hit the black "Confirm Pickup Location" and then "Request UberX" and your Uber should be on its way.

When you see your driver, wave to him to get his attention. You will have his picture and the make and model of his car and probably a picture of it. He does not have your picture so it will really help if you can get his attention or text him some type of identifying info so he can find you (like what you're wearing or something).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CommanderXL!
Just wondering, based on your screenshots, are only Uber Blacks allowed for airport requests? How about UberX?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm actually in Tampa, so hopefully someone from Atlanta will respond and confirm this. But it looks like you have many options from which you will need to choose before selecting your Terminal and Door: X, XL, Select, Black Car or SUV. Of those, only Black Car has a specified pickup location.

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Thanks CommanderXL!
Just wondering, based on your screenshots, are only Uber Blacks allowed for airport requests? How about UberX?
Yes, technically Uberblack is the only "legal"option. Yet Uber itself doesn't care so they don't geofence the airport anymore and X drivers take their chances doing illegal pickups. Sometimes they get away with it and other times I've seen passengers removed and vehicles impounded. Roll the dice and take your chances if you like.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Also which "convention center" will you be located at. The World Congress Center is downtown, however if you're actually talking about the Georgia International Convention Center there is a Skytrain that can take you there directly from the airport.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Atlanta drivers are the lowest paid drivers in the country. Make sure you tip your drivers. Anyone left driving for Uber or Lyft in Atlanta must be incredibly desperate for pennies. Be nice to them and don't forget to tip. They obviously need every cent they can get their hands on.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Yet Uber itself doesn't care so they don't geofence the airport anymore and X drivers take their chances doing illegal pickups. Sometimes they get away with it and other times I've seen passengers removed and vehicles impounded. Roll the dice and take your chances if you like.
seems high risk just to make 78cents a mile?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Atlanta drivers are the lowest paid drivers in the country. Make sure you tip your drivers. Anyone left driving for Uber or Lyft in Atlanta must be incredibly desperate for pennies. Be nice to them and don't forget to tip. They obviously need every cent they can get their hands on.
MAN YOUR REALLY A HATER.. ALL YOU DO IS STAY ON HERE TALKING BAD ABOUT UBER.. i TOO CURIOUS AS TOO WHAT YOU DO.. BECAUSE IVE JUST FINISHED MY FIRST WEEK AND IVE MADE $1267.. NOW IM NOT SURE ABOUT YOU BUT THAT MY FRIEND IS NOT A NORMAL SALARY.. MIND YOU I ONLY SPENT $189 IN GAS.. SO DO THE MATH..

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
MAN YOUR REALLY A HATER.. ALL YOU DO IS STAY ON HERE TALKING BAD ABOUT UBER.. i TOO CURIOUS AS TOO WHAT YOU DO.. BECAUSE IVE JUST FINISHED MY FIRST WEEK AND IVE MADE $1267.. NOW IM NOT SURE ABOUT YOU BUT THAT MY FRIEND IS NOT A NORMAL SALARY.. MIND YOU I ONLY SPENT $189 IN GAS.. SO DO THE MATH..
Dear Mr Caps....avatar shows you in Jacksonville Florida. Your not making that @ .75 cents per mile which is your current Uber X rate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear Mr Caps....avatar shows you in Jacksonville Florida. Your not making that @ .75 cents per mile which is your current Uber X rate.
I was in Jax fl.. But I recently moved to ATl.. Ive been driver here for 2 weeks now.. Best move ever.. If anyone looks at what they did.. You will see that UBEr is smart by lowering the price to .78 cent a mile plus 15cents a min.. Its called a special.. Its to bring on new customers.. Once hooked, Prices will go up..

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
I was in Jax fl.. But I recently moved to ATl.. Ive been driver here for 2 weeks now.. Best move ever.. If anyone looks at what they did.. You will see that UBEr is smart by lowering the price to .78 cent a mile plus 15cents a min.. Its called a special.. Its to bring on new customers.. Once hooked, Prices will go up..
They were supposed to raise prices after the summer...did they?? Nope. If they raise prices it will be by .10 cents per mile. You call that raising prices? Do you have numbers showing the increased ridership in Atlanta? Nope. Uber never puts that out. Atlanta low performing market just like Dallas. The costs of dropping those rates all on the drivers....yep that's special alright. What they are trying to tell you on UberX do the math. More costs to driving than just gas.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
If anyone looks at what they did.. You will see that UBEr is smart by lowering the price to .78 cent a mile plus 15cents a min.. Its called a special.. Its to bring on new customers.. Once hooked, Prices will go up..
We saw exactly what they did. They promised everyone in Atlanta that they would only lower rates for the month of July. They promised they would raise rates back on August first. They didn't, they lied. Just as you are obviously lying about making $1267 driving for Uber at 78cents per mile. Nice try. Nobody believes you. Uber shills come in here all the time with their false claims spouting off the Uber talk.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Wrong.
He's working 92hours a week and putting in 2,000 miles a week on his car,which is over 85,000 miles in one year alone.
Now if you have a car to ruin and no other job you too can make $1200 a week at 75cents

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
They were supposed to raise prices after the summer...did they?? Nope. If they raise prices it will be by .10 cents per mile. You call that raising prices? Do you have numbers showing the increased ridership in Atlanta? Nope. Uber never puts that out. Atlanta low performing market just like Dallas. The costs of dropping those rates all on the drivers....yep that's special alright. What they are trying to tell you on UberX do the math. More costs to driving than just gas.
Txchick I thought u were an expert on users on the board,you slipping. Once he said "Uber was smart by lowering prices....", you know to disregard ANYTHING else said after that lol. Only corporate employees would say something silly like that. No driver without any mental issues would want lower prices, in any way shape or form! This guy Maaduber has to be a plant

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
If my life had degraded so much that I drove enough hours for Uber, at 78 pennies per mile to make 1200 dollars, I would rather be dead. That's not a life. That's insanity.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Txchick I thought u were an expert on users on the board,you slipping. Once he said "Uber was smart by lowering prices....", you know to disregard ANYTHING else said after that lol. Only corporate employees would say something silly like that. No driver without any mental issues would want lower prices, in any way shape or form! This guy Maaduber has to be a plant
Ohhh no..I am slipping!! Help Bart McCoy.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Maaduber's success is plausible, mathematically. It would mean that he would be driving at 21.5 MPG & averaging 40.6 MPH for 40 hours with no dwell between pings. I suppose that's doable. Throw in a good chunk of minimum fares and surges and that reduces the time it takes to get that kind of chaching.

Even so, that's still nearly 100,000 miles on a car per year for only $63,000. Again, doable. Many people do work hard to make that sorta pay.

If I got that kinda of occupancy here in Savannah, I'd only put 60,000 miles on my car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts