Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last Uber map I saw regarding approaching AT&T for drop off was to use Rogers street. It's closed to thru traffic now. I'm bringing people to COLDPLAY tonight. I'll be coming from central Arlington. Think it best to go Park Row to Collins and then north to stadium to enter that drop off area? Would avoid any left turns, but didn't know if a dedicated Uber area has been designated at AT&T yet.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Unless you are already there with a fire extinguisher, it's nearly impossible to do a pick up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dropping off was easy - but I did go do a pickup and it was like a salmon swimming upstream. However, it was surging across most of Arlington - my quick run from AT&T to Dallas Anatole was $104 to pax.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Drop off at Rogers where it is blocked.

Pickup is easy if the rider walks to you which is dependent on where you are. In my opinion, Walmart and lot 9 sucks and puts you in with the rest of the traffic. I stress only take the ones that are willingly walking to you because they get that traffic is going to suck and there driver is assuring them that he will get them home quickly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't realize they made Randol Mill one-way after event. But getting to Panda Express wasn't too bad via Road to Six Flags. I had pax walk there. I got pinged 16 minutes away from venue.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I tried for the second time to pickup someone after a cowboy game. The arlington PD has traffic so screwed up that even if you get a ping there is no way to get to them. Its no wander the surge is so high. Best thing to do is either stay as far away from AT&T as you can get or find a little side street you can get in and out of and make them walk to you. We have a world class stadium and no roads leading into and out of it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts