Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DO you find that the "surge" seems to fade and run from you as you approach it and the disappear completely when you enter the zone? Do you find you do not get paid the surge rate but when you ask the customer what they paid, they got charged the surge rate? I sure do.
DO you find that the awful GPS sends you to Tanger outlets when your customer is actually at the airport? Sends you from the very spot your customer is standing at to a half mile away and then directs you to take a u turn back to the same spot you were in when you got the call? Sends you to a one way street or a street you cannot turn off of? Wastes your time all damned day long? I sure do.
DO you find that when you take a trip to Myrtle Beach or any other long distance that Uber does not offer one penny for your gas, mileage or time for the entire trip back and turns off the ap so you cannot accept a customer coming back until you get into Charleston? I sure do. NO more out of towns for me.
Do you find that your Google maps shows a slightly longer amount of mileage than the Uber one? I sure do, consistently. This is a lot of money making errors for Uber to cash in on.
Just sayin.....

·
Registered
523 Posts
DO you find that the "surge" seems to fade and run from you as you approach it and the disappear completely when you enter the zone? Do you find you do not get paid the surge rate but when you ask the customer what they paid, they got charged the surge rate? I sure do.
DO you find that the awful GPS sends you to Tanger outlets when your customer is actually at the airport? Sends you from the very spot your customer is standing at to a half mile away and then directs you to take a u turn back to the same spot you were in when you got the call? Sends you to a one way street or a street you cannot turn off of? Wastes your time all damned day long? I sure do.
DO you find that when you take a trip to Myrtle Beach or any other long distance that Uber does not offer one penny for your gas, mileage or time for the entire trip back and turns off the ap so you cannot accept a customer coming back until you get into Charleston? I sure do. NO more out of towns for me.
Do you find that your Google maps shows a slightly longer amount of mileage than the Uber one? I sure do, consistently. This is a lot of money making errors for Uber to cash in on.
Just sayin.....
definitely the surge situation and most of the others I have experienced at least once. one time I was done for the night and the surge actually chased me... I didn't fall for that one either!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In addition to all of these "cons" working for Uber, I experienced a new one. The promotions offered where you make a 45 or 50 buck bonus for so many rides is also an Uber scam. The first one a couple of weeks ago I did all of my rides but one and the ap gave me no more calls. I live downtown and was in the surge area, at my house for an hour and a half on a busy Sunday night before it gave me my last call. Then this last one, I was within 5 calls of the bonus and it shut off the ap and could not make it work. They said it was the internet not them.......... No more promotions or surges for me. I leave both LYFT and uber aps on and answer whomever sends me money. Do yourself a favor so you know exactly who you are working for at Uber. Google Uber Scandals. You will find several data breaches, sex scandals, rip off scams and lawsuits from drivers and that the former owner has left to work for TRUMP!!! That says it all for me.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just sayin.....
Actually you can accept request in Myrtle Beach and on the way back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just had the one experience where the ap refused to work until I got back to Charleston. Then it fired right up. The rest of the time, every time I tried to use it, it required me to identify myself and then froze. NO more out of town rip offs for me. NO more promotions or surges either. Liars and scammers taking their driver's money every day. I run both LYFT (the best) and Uber (thieves, liars, data breaches, sexual assault cases, lawsuits, etc.) and whatever lights up, gets my vote. Been making far better money that way.

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
I just had the one experience where the ap refused to work until I got back to Charleston. Then it fired right up. The rest of the time, every time I tried to use it, it required me to identify myself and then froze. NO more out of town rip offs for me. NO more promotions or surges either. Liars and scammers taking their driver's money every day. I run both LYFT (the best) and Uber (thieves, liars, data breaches, sexual assault cases, lawsuits, etc.) and whatever lights up, gets my vote. Been making far better money that way.
I do, in fact, seem to get my quests paid

Even the last few minutes of the week at 4 am cutoff, I may get a ping. Though I had heard otherwise from some or many drivers in the Boston forum, but I can't accuse Uber of shorting me on quests.

Haven't driven Uber for six weeks now, so maybe it's changed, but I don't suspect that.

Once, I needed just one fare, and I got it with just a minute or two left in the week. But, the pax cancelled, and there went my $75 quest!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts