• Uber

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Lyft

Votes: 3 50.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I chose Uber, only because I drive a lux suv. Lyft at this time does not offer that higher fare. I unknowingly signed up not knowing this. I thought perhaps the tips would mk up for it but I was dead wrong, pax are just as cheap, if not cheaper n they don't always leave a tip.

·
25,745 Posts
Each has its differences, but in the end, both are about the same.

I will give Uber a slight edge because its incentives and bonuses tend to be better. In addition, as I am a recent sign-up for Lyft, it takes twenty-five per cent plus "Safe Ride Fee'(or whatever they call it) which works out to about forty per-cent, on average. Uber takes twenty per-cent plus whatever-they-call-that-fee, which works out to about thirty-five per-cent, on average.

In addition, Uber offers Uber Taxi, here, which I like. Lyft does not have taxis.

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I chose Uber, only because I drive a lux suv. Lyft at this time does not offer that higher fare. I unknowingly signed up not knowing this. I thought perhaps the tips would mk up for it but I was dead wrong, pax are just as cheap, if not cheaper n they don't always leave a tip.
I always leave a tip whenever using Lyft and with Uber because some drivers have a paypal account or some other account that allows me to leave a tip electrically.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
It seems that my Lyft passengers are nicer/better and the Lyft rides are usually longer. The option for a tip is also very nice.

·
Super Moderator
6,266 Posts
I prefer Lyft as a company but like using the Uber app more ( this maybe just because I'm more used to it). I haven't done so many Lyft trips but the impression I'm getting where I live is that the Lyft pax are a mix of real Lyft pax ('awesome' friendly fist bumpers) and cheapskates who are trying to avoid uber surge or taking advantage of lyftline and then some who just use whichever app has the closest car. I actually had a pax recently who cancelled a surge trip, then got pinged by the same pax a minute later on Lyft.

Practically speaking both now charge almost the same rate here so I just go with whoever gives me a reasonable ping first.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Lyft doesn't exist in my area yet (I keep hoping soon!!) so I don't have a choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts