Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
I noticed a very high surge rate this past weekend. It had all of the downtown area in dark orange at 5.3x this extended all the way north to 183. I thought it was strange, so I looked again and sure enough that was the case. As I was looking at it, I got a ping about a mile north of where I was. Pick up was Yellow Rose. The trip info did not indicate surge but I know what I saw.

After the trip, I emailed "support" with the details asking them to adjust the rate. Through a couple of email exchanges, I learned something about surge.

Per Uber "Support", surge is based solely on the exact location of the rider. Just because the area you/they are in is lit up with a surge indicator does not mean the rider's exact location is surging.

Seems misleading at best but that is the impression I am getting from my experiences with Uber.

· Registered
20 Posts
In the name of anonymity, I will not say who I spoke to at Uber but basically, I walked away with the understanding that surge maps are intended to spread out drivers. And since there is no way we can prove that any rider was cherged surge in the surge pricing area, they will get away with this devious business practice. Pathetic is right!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.