Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Drivers have the ear of the media, its good to keep the info flowing. One thing that media loves to report is fraud lol.

Now, we all know that that UBERs surges are a bunch of BS. It would be hard to prove though, since we don't have access to UBERs servers.

We can look at the basic principle behind the surges, the law of supply and demand. UBER is saying because the supply of "rides" is lower than the demand for "rides" price must go up.

If this was a real ratio, it would include all "rides" available in the city...not just UBER. UBERs model acts as if it has a monopoly, that it is the only source of "rides" in the city.

There are "rides" available outside of UBER, such as lyft, taxi, or even busses. In other words, there is a supply of "rides" that UBER does not calculate into its surge ratio. The true supply of "rides" being higher than what UBER is acknowledging is, in my opinion, fraudulent.

So long as UBER does not include all "rides" in the supply side, their surges will always be false, by definition.

Using false numbers to gouge Riders...bad UBER!

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
J (Uber)

Aug 16, 05:08

Hi J,

Thanks for writing in. Sorry to hear about the confusion surrounding your fare here. I'm happy to explain.

Surge occurs differently throughout the city and changes in real time, depending on the demand in particular areas. I took a look, and during this trip, the area was not surging when you hit "accept trip."

We'll do our best to make you aware of when and where surge is likely to be happening, but we can never predict it 100%.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

J
Damn how did I miss this, this is them telling you the surge is fake. You should print this and distribute to city council, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.