Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber passengers paying astronomical fares amid a labor shortage may think the extra money is going to their stressed and overworked drivers.
But drivers are not being compensated based on what customers pay. Instead, they are paid for their time and distance — with added, predetermined surge bonuses controlled by Uber. And drivers in some markets say that is depriving them of tens and even hundreds of dollars per week when customers are now paying multiples of the usual price to ride with the apps.
Rondu Gantt has driven for Uber and Lyft for about three years in the Bay Area, he said, and the changes have slashed his pay.

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
YES

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
In other words
DRIVERS ARE BEING TREATED LIKE EMPLOYEES.

WITHOUT ANY OF THE BENEFITS !
....and not getting the higher pay rates that indepedent contractors get, since they have no job security. Uber screwed over the California drivers big time by removing the surge multiplier and adding conditions to force acceptance of undesirable requests, just to see the fare information.

·
Premium Member
59,622 Posts
Say goodbye to banking information security.

Say hello to Bidens I.R.S. helping themselves.

RETROACTIVELY WITH PENALTIES OF COURSE !

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I am surprised this post got answered. I posted something like this weeks ago and no body took time to reply. Uber/Lyft said they invested millions of $$ to incentivize drivers to come back to work but when you looked at your income you made or less the same or even less than before the pandemic since they instituted flat surges instead of old ones.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am surprised this post got answered. I posted something like this weeks ago and no body took time to reply. Uber/Lyft said they invested millions of $$ to incentivize drivers to come back to work but when you looked at your income you made or less the same or even less than before the pandemic since they instituted flat surges instead of old ones.
Maybe the prospective responders have been put off by your avatar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts