Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been for 9.5 years driving for uber . I've seen just about all they will do to make Uber profit. They can change rate without notice. They can pay blogger reader's to handle uber drivers. But they can not force you to work on their terms.

I'm going to tell you all you need to know to make 65k - 120k even in today's market. Each area will be different as uber learned drivers are not dumb.

In dallas some drivers continue to drive for uber thinking they can beat Uber. Will so do, most have no chance. Dallas gas is 5.00 low compared the other cities. Most cars are not getting the milage needed to be profitable.

Ask away tell your story I'll reply. I'm not just going to post info because it would not be helping you. Your not always going to like my answer but that OK. It about making the right choices.

·
Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
7,627 Posts
I have been for 9.5 years driving for uber . I've seen just about all they will do to make Uber profit. They can change rate without notice. They can pay blogger reader's to handle uber drivers. But they can not force you to work on their terms.

I'm going to tell you all you need to know to make 65k - 120k even in today's market. Each area will be different as uber learned drivers are not dumb.

In dallas some drivers continue to drive for uber thinking they can beat Uber. Will so do, most have no chance. Dallas gas is 5.00 low compared the other cities. Most cars are not getting the milage needed to be profitable.

Ask away tell your story I'll reply. I'm not just going to post info because it would not be helping you. Your not always going to like my answer but that OK. It about making the right choices.
Why would you train up people that
could be your competitors for free?
I would need at least $1000
for a one day ride along and
even then I would really have to
like the person to be doing them the favor

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,647 Posts
Are you still driving for UBER and why.

Yes I am, and the reason why is that it is still working for me.

I don't necessarily need your advice, but I never block out council that would maximize my income.

I set a [very modest] financial goal when I bought an EV and started driving weekends in 2017. I made more than double my goal, and still make that same general amount today in 2022. I feel blessed that it's all still working. I am grandfathered in to the legacy rates, and Uber hasn't messed with the rates in my locale like it has in other locales. Nor have they tried to foist Up Front Pricing on us. Again, blessed.

My cost of ownership is low, my repair costs are fixed, and there is a great deal on charging at a Municipal station in my locale. The worst that has happened to prevent me from driving was a background check one year that took an inordinate amount of time to complete. But that is why I drive for both platforms.

As long as this keeps working I will keep driving.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why would you train up people that
could be your competitors for free?
I would need at least $1000
for a one day ride along and
even then I would really have to
like the person to be doing them the favor
I'm retired money if no longer my reason to drive. I help many over 100 drivers in my market. Here is one and have you seen these little BS surges in your area?

Light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting World Line

Font Screenshot Parallel Circle Number

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I don't necessarily need your advice, but I never block out council that would maximize my income.

I set a [very modest] financial goal when I bought and EV and started driving weekends in 2017. I made more than double my goal, and still make that same general amount today in 2022. I feel blessed that it's all still working. I am grandfathered in to the legacy rates, and Uber hasn't messed with the rates in my locale like it has in other locales. Nor have they tried to foist Up Front Pricing on us. Again, blessed.

My cost of ownership is low, my repair costs are fixed, and there is a great deal on charging at a Municipal station in my locale. The worst that has happened to prevent me from driving was a background check one year that took an inordinate amount of time to complete. But that is why I drive for both platforms.

Smart EV Tesla? Or bolt leaf

·
Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
7,627 Posts
I'm retired money if no longer my reason to drive. I help many over 100 drivers in my market. Here is one and have you seen these little BS surges in your area?

View attachment 664242
View attachment 664241
I wouldnt consider a $25 surge to be little
The people in texas are already *****ing
about low pay
Training up the ones that arent bright
enough to figure it out on their own
for free seems counterproductive ...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I set a [very modest] financial goal when I bought and EV and started driving weekends in 2017. I made more than double my goal, and still make that same general amount today in 2022. I feel blessed that it's all still working. I am grandfathered in to the legacy rates, and Uber hasn't messed with the rates in my locale like it has in other locales. Nor have they tried to foist Up Front Pricing on us. Again, blessed.

Smart EV Tesla? Or bolt
about low pay
It not the surge I ask because most real think it big. Will let talk about the placement of the surge. It at the DFW airport the upper area is the Q area waiting out for uber. The 25 Surge is at the rental center. How many rides you get from the rental center. None. The returns or on the other side. But so why is the surge so good. It means I'm getting 25.00 minimum on next ride. Not just airport. Plus I will bypass the Q and get my ride in Less than 1 minutes. If Im doing my job I'll also see the surgeX is at 2.5x so now that next ride will pay 25.00 plus 2.5 x the fare or if I'm real lucky the surge and the fare become a 2.5x ride. Most know nothing about the X rides. The X rides are company contracts that pay max rates on all rides. They are uberX only. Mostly trucking companies
about low pay
If you understand why uber pay in always go etting lower you understand that it the drivers that don't understand that the rate reduction is simple because they uber can , because as you say not bright enough. Will they need to learn we are in control not uber ,without drivers taking rides the don't pay enough Lyft will increase market share. Uber will pay what they have too. And we can decide how much that is. Right now uber takes 60% on all rides. So we know money is there we just need them to understand we work for ourselves. The employ zero drivers. Only tech employees.

Do you accept bad rides? Or do you accept and cancel bad rides. Do you accept riders with low rating. Mine is set at 4.90 . If you going to post talk please. Telling me you don't need advice then no reply come on. Tell use the area the car give us something that makes sense why you don't think all driver would be better off in the long run knowing what uber does

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,647 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: New2This

·
Premium Member
15,944 Posts
I am NOT driving for Uber any more -- because it is not profitable.
It IS cash flow - but it's not profit.

You are offering a public service to help RS drivers be profitable.
I offer a public service of how to use Uber as a tool to get a decent job.

We are kind of competition, you being an Uber shill and all. I mean, we are natural enemies and I don't want to piss in your Cheerios - but, I help people escape this economic slavery thing called Ride Share.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts

We are kind of competition, you being an Uber shill and all. I mean, we are natural enemies and I don't want to piss in your Cheerios - but, I help people escape this economic slavery thing called Ride Share.

Good luck.
Profitable for me... I make $1.10 per mile after ALL (yes, all) expenses.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Good luck.
I'm far from being a uber shill I hate uber but I understand. If your in michigan I can see that as a waste of time on uber too. As I give up in southgate michigan. Flint is mostly hard worker people they don't need uber. Thanks for you reply
I feel a judgment coming. I think I'll hold this hand as is.
Tron why would you just assume that I'm going to blast you about the type of car you drive. What area did you working maybe my biggest mistake is believing is this platform might be good place to help people it is what it is

Profitable for me... I make $1.10 per mile after ALL (yes, all) expenses.
What area do you drive?

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
I'm far from being a uber shill I hate uber but I understand. If your in michigan I can see that as a waste of time on uber too. As I give up in southgate michigan. Flint is mostly hard worker people they don't need uber. Thanks for you reply

Tron why would you just assume that I'm going to blast you about the type of car you drive. What area did you working maybe my biggest mistake is believing is this platform might be good place to help people it is what it is

What area do you drive?
central Pennsylvania

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
central Pennsylvania
Ted what airports do you work at? Tell me something about the ride, prices paid. Are they still on the time and mileage or the new crap fare share you see all info about the ride price posted that all you get. If your air port surges times and things I can help you make lot more for your time and cut most of the BS rides out.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts

I'm going to tell you all you need to know to make 65k - 120k even in today's market.
It varys so much by locale and even neighborhood. If you live in a surge zone and can cherrypick with an XL vehicle, you will make more money than ants. You think you can impart your wisdom, but most of it is:

1) Live exactly where I live
2) Be of retirement age with enough savings to drive an XL/Comfort EV.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts

I agree with all this. The goal is just to cover bills while working towards a better career.

Its possible to grind away and make money in this gig, but if you have any aspirations to do anything meaningful, take care of your health, live a dynamic life, rideshare is just stealing your life.

If anyone is giving people advice on how to make money at this, even if the advice is good and sound and can be reproduced (which it logically can't), I consider it to be unethical.

This is right up there with posting screenshots of outsized earnings. What good does it do anyone? It either makes people feel miserable, or it ensnares more drivers and brings earnings down.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Ted what airports do you work at? Tell me something about the ride, prices paid. Are they still on the time and mileage or the new crap fare share you see all info about the ride price posted that all you get. If your air port surges times and things I can help you make lot more for your time and cut most of the BS rides out.
Our airport is worthless. I run a college campus. Earnings are high because of quests and surges. I’m a part timer and I only work during peak hours. We still have time and miles not upfront pricing

1 - 20 of 52 Posts