Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
365 Posts
It depends. If I'm Gold & trying to hit numbers for next week then I will accept Pool, provided it's in the Reward Zone. I just play the Law of Averages. Short shit Pool rides give way to the Bethesda to Dulles ride. It all evens out in the end.

Caveats:
*If I have a passenger & I get a ping, I will add one and ONLY one extra passenger/trip.
*If I have a passenger and I'm downtown D.C. between 4:30 & 6:30 & the 2nd Pool ping goes off, in gridlock traffic the 2nd ping is S.O.L. I am not going 2 blocks in 20 minutes, Gold Incentives or not.
Hi New, You are exactly right. It's that 2nd pickup in a congested area at a bad time (rush hour, after a baseball game) that makes you want to bang your head against a wall. Pool in those times/places is counterproductive because you aren't getting to destinations and completing trips. You are sitting in endless cycles of lights to get some person who is .25 miles away.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.