Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess none of you jokers are signing up and Uber is getting worried. I just received this text:

UBER: Hi ______, are you planning to drive this weekend (8/7-8/9)? If so, be sure to opt in for your guarantees here: _______

Uber : We are not signing up for your silly guarantees that require hours and min.# trips that are nearly impossible to obtain.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I always sign up for the guarantees as a "just in case" kinda thing. If I have time I try for them, if not, I don't.

Since surge seems to be non-existent these days the guarantees are really the only way to make any money.

·
Registered
329 Posts
So according to them... I will make more by not qualifying for the guarantee... Hmm...
What they are saying is partners often outpace the amount the guarantee is set at. So if it's $25 in fares between 3-6pm ($75 in fares) they are saying that most partners will make more than $75 in fares within that 3 hour period on their own. Yea, right!

I've only made more than the guarantee amount ONCE and it was only by 0.20 cents.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
What they are saying is partners often outpace the amount the guarantee is set at. So if it's $25 in fares between 3-6pm ($75 in fares) they are saying that most partners will make more than $75 in fares within that 3 hour period on their own. Yea, right!

I've only made more than the guarantee amount ONCE and it was only by 0.20 cents.
I used to regularly beat them 3 months ago. And they were higher then.

Well when they reduce them to $12 we probably WILL beat them.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I used to regularly beat them 3 months ago. And they were higher then.

Well when they reduce them to $12 we probably WILL beat them.
3 months ago surges happened more regularly so it was easier then. Now, with driver saturation, surge is a lot harder to come by. :(

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
3 months ago surges happened more regularly so it was easier then. Now, with driver saturation, surge is a lot harder to come by. :(
Exactly. And they weren't making it 8 trips in 3 hours either. It was mostly doable and often beatable. Now it's very likely you won't get enough trips and unlikely to get any good surging. Even at bar let out it doesn't go as high for as long anymore.

(The surges need Viagr-a).

oh and don't ask me why you can curse like a sailor here but that pill is a banned word.

·
Registered
933 Posts
They just sent out the Weekend Events here in Austin. The email says to check out the guarantees below then lists all the events and road closings. No link to the guarantees are given nor any further mention of them outside of the opening blah blah blah lines.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts