Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
I find the rain certainly does help. I drove tues morning, altho about an hour later than I normally get going. Got into the city to one of my fishing holes by 7. Wont say exactly where but always gets me a ride but not normally surging. waited about 20 mins with silence and got a little ride. After that it was stacked pings under surge. 2X or better but short DT rides that kept me in the surge. At the 2hr mark (so 915 now) got a nonsurge from LQA hotel to airport. Reeled in $85 plus $10 cash tip in 2 1/2 hrs and close enough to go home.

When Ive dropped at airport and its pushing 10am and its not friday, its a coin flip whether its worth headibg back to DT.

As for snow, I only wish it would last long enough during morning hours. I attempted a month ago...was it superbowl sunday night? lesson learned to head into city. the burbs never surged even though i was getting 20 min pings...took 2 that netted me about $7.50/hr before spouse demanded i come home

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
At this point of the year it's too warm for snow to mess up the roads so rain will do. I personally love the snow more than the rain because it takes the majority of Priuses off the road. I am able to get to places a lot of drivers driving a Subaru.

My only issue with the rain is you are more likely to get a 1 mile fare bc someone doesn't want to walk in it. Surge hit the 3s yesterday morning in some places but when you go one mile in 10 minutes it's a waste if the surge is dying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts