Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
I'm thinking at some point they're going to shut it down.
I don't know. While the job does put us in many different places, it's not for long, so that lessons the chances they we catch something or give it to someone else. Unlike an NBA game where you're sitting in an enclosed space for 2 hours with 20,000 other people.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
In my area it has been super busy because everyone is avoiding crowds and trying to maintain person space that personal bubble of 3 feet. So everyone is just staying in as much as they can and ordering for delivery. The restaurants basically depending on delivery now when I go in almost all the places are empty so I'd they shut us down then the restaurants will be done

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
3 hrs tonight. Two deliveries (I accepted). If it sucks this bad on Saturday, I'm done.
Yeah it was slow in my area on UE but now I don't really ever know if it's slow or the computer is putting me on time out , I find it odd I'll receive pings a mile away from drop off for a new pickup but as soon as I reject one nothing for at least 30 mins not sure but DD was VERY busy tonight tho unfortunately I won't pick up from our local chick fila (too busy stand in line to wait cell phone dead zone) so I spent most of my evening rejecting those non stop but I still made $65 in two hours on other orders

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yeah it was slow in my area on UE but now I don't really ever know if it's slow or the computer is putting me on time out
I never know that either, or if there are just too many drivers. Last week it was still relatively slow on Uber, even when DD and GH were slammed. If I decline a few, it seems to put me on timeout, but then out of nowhere I may suddenly start getting lots of pings again...maybe as other drivers sign off, they take me off of timeout? Who knows??! The ways of Uber are mysterious, like the Lord who doth sendeth a plague unto the people of Floria.

They wont be back from spring break.

Colleges are going to Computer Classes as a result of Covid 19.
Yes, I figured they won't be back. I hope they will return to their apartments and have to order in LOTS of food to get through it. They usually order the most when they are cramming for exams.

·
Premium Member
71,943 Posts
I never know that either, or if there are just too many drivers. Last week it was still relatively slow on Uber, even when DD and GH were slammed. If I decline a few, it seems to put me on timeout, but then out of nowhere I may suddenly start getting lots of pings again...maybe as other drivers sign off, they take me off of timeout? Who knows??! The ways of Uber are mysterious, like the Lord who doth sendeth a plague unto the people of Floria.

Yes, I figured they won't be back. I hope they will return to their apartments and have to order in LOTS of food to get through it. They usually order the most when they are cramming for exams.
Tulane & Loyola here are trying to send all students Home.

They are AFRAID to fly home.

Students want to stay.

Universities are trying to SHUT DOWN ON CAMPUS HOUSING !

THAT WILL KILL 40% OF UBERS BUSINESS IN NEW ORLEANS !

CANCELED EVENTS & DEATH OF TOURISM WILL KILL 55% OF UBERS BUSINESS HERE !

CAN UBER SURVIVE COVID - 19 !?!?

CASES OF COVID-19 ARE SHOWING UP IN 5 STATES. . . . ALL WITH LINKS BACK TO MARDI GRAS STREET CROWDS IN NEW ORLEANS.

ITS ABOUT TO BLOW UP HERE !

3 WEEKS AFTER MARDI GRAS.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Tulane & Loyola here are trying to send all students Home.

They are AFRAID to fly home.

Students want to stay.

Universities are trying to SHUT DOWN ON CAMPUS HOUSING !
Yeah it really sucks. Most can just go home. There was a program on npr this afternoon. Interviewed a woman whose 80 year old mom with MS told her not to come home because MS. Another one with no family and no job forced to look for an apt. Probably be living in her car.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
UE has been the usual here. I did get fired from it today supposedly through the app for fraudulent activity? Who knows. I take anything having too do with Guber very nonchalantly. They are so disorganized an incompetent it's hard too take them seriously. I might go by the hub. Will see.

·
Premium Member
71,943 Posts
Yeah it really sucks. Most can just go home. There was a program on npr this afternoon. Interviewed a woman whose 80 year old mom with MS told her not to come home because MS. Another one with no family and no job forced to look for an apt. Probably be living in her car.
THE N.B.A. DID THE RIGHT THING.

CROWDS SPREAD THIS VIRUS LIKE WIND ON A CALIFORNIA FIRE.

·
Premium Member
71,943 Posts
UE has been the usual here. I did get fired from it today supposedly through the app for fraudulent activity? Who knows. I take anything having too do with Guber very nonchalantly. They are so disorganized an incompetent it's hard too take them seriously. I might go by the hub. Will see.
MAKE SURE TO COUGH A LOT
& REFUSE TO LEAVE UNTIL THEY REINSTATE YOU !

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.