Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a message from Uber that I'm accepting and cancelling a lot of rides which is impossible because my last trip was at 3:31am. I am still home groggy because I don't usually stay up late. I think I cancelled at most 1-2 rides during the week.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I've had high acceptance rates every week. I get those progress reports. I sent Uber a reply and am waiting for a response. Sucks that we do not have live dispatcher 24/7.
The progress reports don't show the rides you accept and cancel, you can accept and cancel 50 rides a week / you would still have a 99% acceptance rate

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I did four cancels Monday to Friday, including no shows.

I did five cancels Saturday. Four of them after 3am, all of them at 1.8x or above. In fact, I didn't have a completed ride between 3am and 4am when I quit. What a waste

I hope the four Stanford students, all drunk and with food on paper plates, gave somebody a nice five stars.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The progress reports don't show the rides you accept and cancel, you can accept and cancel 50 rides a week / you would still have a 99% acceptance rate
I'm currently in a lease program with Uber which is a reason why I'm not going to accept and cancel rides to get deactivated. Statistically it don't make sense with my online behavior. I'm not deactivated yet. I'm tired and have not gone online since last night.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did four cancels Monday to Friday, including no shows.

I did five cancels Saturday. Four of them after 3am, all of them at 1.8x or above. In fact, I didn't have a completed ride between 3am and 4am when I quit. What a waste

I hope the four Stanford students, all drunk and with food on paper plates, gave somebody a nice five stars.
I remember doing 2 no show cancels during the week.

·
Registered
238 Posts
They seem to send out erroneous automated messages frequently. I get the one "you've been online but not accepting rides" frequently, even when I haven't been online all day.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They seem to send out erroneous automated messages frequently. I get the one "you've been online but not accepting rides" frequently, even when I haven't been online all day.
It would be great if we did not get the erroneous automated messages because it's a 24/7 business. Uber should have live dispatchers all the time.

Uber Support reply:

<<<The purpose of the message is not to cause distress but to serve as a friendly reminder because we want to make sure you stay qualified for guarantees or incentives and ultimately, make the most out of driving with Uber.

Apart from this, while reviewing your account I observed your ratings are really in good standing. I must say your association is commendable and we are honored to have partners like you at Uber. You're not only a partner but a family to Uber! Keep it up!>>>

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I'm currently in a lease program with Uber which is a reason why I'm not going to accept and cancel rides to get deactivated. Statistically it don't make sense with my online behavior. I'm not deactivated yet. I'm tired and have not gone online since last night.
They don't deactivate you for doing that , you have to be doing it in excess like really cancelling a lot rides.

The whole independent contractor issue restricts the number of drivers they can deactivate for cancelling some people literally get that warning every week

·
Registered
386 Posts
For a second I thought you meant that you were just getting the canceled ride sound and a message saying the client has cancelled the ride. I got that a few times even though I was never on the way to pick up somebody. I think there's a bug in the app. The cancelled ride sound and the "would you like to stay online" sound is one in the same

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For a second I thought you meant that you were just getting the canceled ride sound and a message saying the client has cancelled the ride. I got that a few times even though I was never on the way to pick up somebody. I think there's a bug in the app. The cancelled ride sound and the "would you like to stay online" sound is one in the same
I never get the "would you like to stay online" sound. Lol. Ride request should come with a vibrate option.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I never get the "would you like to stay online" sound. Lol. Ride request should come with a vibrate option.
And drunk pax need to come with a silent mode feature like cell phones! Can't wait till cars have a separate dome for front and back, like the one Homer Simpson created, subsequently bankrupting his self made millionaire half brother Herb Powell.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I'm getting a message from Uber that I'm accepting and cancelling a lot of rides which is impossible because my last trip was at 3:31am. I am still home groggy because I don't usually stay up late. I think I cancelled at most 1-2 rides during the week.
Yes, I get these messages weekly from Uber, whether or not I have been cancelling rides. I just ignore them.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would ignore pretty much everything from Uber. Their automated system of scolding you is always screwed up, to say the least and you will never get anything other than a boilerplate response from Uber if you email support. Ignore it and don't waste time emailing Uber unless they shorted you on a fare or you had a bad experience with a pax.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Vaswati from Uber confirms that (1) everyone gets these, whether or not they are cancelling rides, and (2) that I am awesome.

Whatever; I should probably write to Uber each week complaining that they shorted me on pay that week, whether or not they actually did.

Vaswati Chowdhury (Uber)

Hi Elelgido,

I hope that this email finds you well. It's my pleasure to assist you.

I understand your concern with regard to the notification you received. I know how concerning this is. No worries, I will definitely look into this for you.

We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you. The message you received is an automated one. It serves as a reminder for each partner-drivers but actually meant for those with high cancellation rate.

Don't worry, your account is good! While reviewing your account I observed your ratings are on good standing and you have an excellent acceptance rate. I must say your association is commendable and we are honored to have partners like you at Uber. Keep it up!

Moreover, we understand that there are times when a cancellation is necessary, however these situations are rare. You can always let us know why you're unable to accept requests because of situation that's out of your control and rest assured that they are all taken into consideration to have it reviewed internally so we can make better partnership with you.

Once again, we are very sorry that we made you worry. If this made you uncomfortable, please do disregard the email that was sent to you.

Hope I was able to address your concern. Please let me know in case of further queries. I am here to help!

Stay awesome as you are right now!

Best,

Vaswati Chowdhury
help.uber.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts