Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
A lot of potential new regulations (aka headaches) all spurred on by the tragic murder of a South Jersey woman who got into a car that was neither Uber or Lyft. None of these regulations would have saved her.

Also miffed that there is no talk whatsoever about new regulations to improve driver safety.

·
Premium Member
12,419 Posts
i agree with most anything that means i dont do much xtra work for free....if you are not a criminal you dont care.
but facts are with 50 rides a week....maybe 1 uber pax looks at our plates or trys to see we are driving what it says on app. honda accord....car pulls up is toyota.....this is what happened in n.j ..lack of worrying ..this will never stop...if it was $5 a mile..they would look harder....cheap rides bred cheap pax...only care about price..safety does not matter

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I'm okay with fingerprint and the list of banned drivers might be a fishy thing but if it leads to have a system like in NYC with a TLC agency that can cap the drivers on the road and fight for minimal wage then I can be on board with this.

If it requires a test to determine that you have some semblance of what your doing, I'm all for it. The amount of drivers out there that are clueless and just plain morons is overwhelming.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I would honestly wouldn’t mind running Uber TLC plates, since the girl got MURDERED I feel like almost every PAX be asking me stupid questions. What makes me laugh is what about the DRIVERS we are getting killed too but no one gives a shiit about us. :(

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I'm sorry, I just don't get it. A tragedy happened, in part, because a young woman did not use safety checks already in place. OK, let's reeducate the public about using these checks before getting in a hired car. And the perpetrator wasn't a rideshare driver anyway. So increased regulations for drivers would have prevented this.....how? SMH.

Reactions: Jesse36

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I would honestly wouldn't mind running Uber TLC plates, since the girl got MURDERED I feel like almost every PAX be asking me stupid questions. What makes me laugh is what about the DRIVERS we are getting killed too but no one gives a shiit about us. :frown:
If one more person opens my door and says "Who are you picking up?" I'm losing it.

*****, you have my name, car make and model and my license plate. I have just your name to keep me safe and I am NOT giving that to you. You give that to me.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I would honestly wouldn't mind running Uber TLC plates, since the girl got MURDERED I feel like almost every PAX be asking me stupid questions. What makes me laugh is what about the DRIVERS we are getting killed too but no one gives a shiit about us. :frown:
PA only has plate in rear, would be better with front & rear plates.
What do you do with out of state drivers (NJ, DE, etc)?

Best safety option for riders is to confirm driver info on app.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.