Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in just getting out of the house for a few hours, and with my weekend getaway not really caring to much mode. Looking at a solid surge that's been going on for awhile now in st Pete, looked at the rider app, no surge, but our app is still showing it. I know this subject has been mentioned a lot but even when I click fare estimate still shows normal pricing. Welcome to the new Uber era if the actual price age just went into effect.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Look in the lower right corner of the rider app, surge is there, just not obvious. Drunk pax can't figure it out, had 6 cancels last night and ended up picking them up anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look in the lower right corner of the rider app, surge is there, just not obvious. Drunk pax can't figure it out, had 6 cancels last night and ended up picking them up anyway.
Lower right huh? Don't respond with "surge died" or "there's a delay with the passenger app and the driver app".

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or maybe put the pin within the surge area
Did all of that, maybe it wAs a glitch cause the driver app updated and maybe the passenger app wasn't ready to update on my side. Or maybe it's the change that they've been talking about.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Per uber email:

Hi Michael —

Sorry for the confusion and trouble here! We have a known issues with our heatmaps where the surge reflected isn't accurately reflecting the surge that riders are accepting.

I know drivers that have picked up high surges early morning and have been screwed over. One friend picked up 3 select rides at 2.8X, now out of $150.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Per uber email:

Hi Michael -

Sorry for the confusion and trouble here! We have a known issues with our heatmaps where the surge reflected isn't accurately reflecting the surge that riders are accepting.

I know drivers that have picked up high surges early morning and have been screwed over. One friend picked up 3 select rides at 2.8X, now out of $150.
Soooo when it's showing surge on the driver app now their saying it's really not surging?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts