Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a nice (and profitable) long ride to Olympia. Should I deadhead back to Seattle, or are we allowed to pick up in Thurston County?

If we are allowed, should I wait for a DF ride back north from Olympia? Or, should I deadhead to Tacoma and set a DF there?

·
Banned
1,564 Posts
Took a nice (and profitable) long ride to Olympia. Should I deadhead back to Seattle, or are we allowed to pick up in Thurston County?

If we are allowed, should I wait for a DF ride back north from Olympia? Or, should I deadhead to Tacoma and set a DF there?
How many ants are around you down there?

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
I had a pretty reasonable few hours after my morning run into Olympia when I made one a while back. Certainly less traffic than Seattle.

IIRC, Olympia pays Seattle rates. It's the zone between JBLM and Federal Way that can pull down your profits on the way back.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sat for 3 hours in one place doing paperwork while renewing DF multiple times. Finally, I said "Screw this," and deadheaded back home. Took 1.17 hours and used up almost half a tank of gas for the round trip.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Yes.
Lyft also is in Olympia. Lyft began service there earlier this year.
At least you were able to pull out a laptop and do paperwork. I'd like the ability to work remotely in-car but haven't figured it all out yet. (The answer is probably to tether a tablet to internet?)

I.E.:
Y

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Sat for 3 hours in one place doing paperwork while renewing DF multiple times. Finally, I said "Screw this," and deadheaded back home. Took 1.17 hours and used up almost half a tank of gas for the round trip.
That DF killed you. I was doing one stacked ride right on top another for several hours in Olympia. Between Lyft and Uber, I stayed busy enough to the point that i started considering moving down there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts