Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Why are you so angry all the time?

Do you really think people come here and claim # of rides that they didn't do and show other people's screenshots?
Yes.

New drivers ask new questions here all the time. It's expected.

When they get the answers they don't want to hear, they often times come up with stuff to argue back, thinking it will get them the answers thy do want to hear.

Anyways. New driver: stop cancelling 10% of the time after starting trips. You'll get deactivated for it, pronto.

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Tercel
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I suspect that you lie so much, that you think it's natural and think everyone else does it too

·
Registered
325 Posts
First, how to cancel a ride on Lyft correctly....
You click "Cancel Ride"
You don't just accept the ride and swipe it to end of the ride-_- That's kind scamming. And system will report to the support and mark you as bad.

Second, never click "Pick up Passenger" when your passenger didn't even show up or get inside the car yet...
I see many Uber / Lyft driver post something like they do this because they can see the "Destination" and decide to cancel or Not.
This is totally wrong thing to do. Lyft/ Uber will punish you for that.

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Tercel
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yeah I know , I did that.

The only times I canceled by starting to pick up and then canceling the ride afterwards wear long trips that didn't display the 45+ long trip indicator on the ping because they were like 41min, 43min etc.

The last one that I canceled without starting pick up, only hit arrived button and then viewed the destination and immediately canceled, Lyft sent me a text message warning within 5 seconds of that cancellation.

I suspect that Lyft is treating

• arrive button
  • view destination
  • cancel

the same way as

• arrive button
  • pickup slider
  • cancel
The thing about arrive/pickup/cancel is that the app clearly says pax WON'T BE CHARGED (and you won't get paid), yet they have some stupid message about "confuses pax and overcharges them" bullshit

I -NEVER- do

• Arrive button
  • Pickup slider
  • Dropoff
For cancellations

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
100% lyft will deactivate you for cancels. I was that guy years ago. Uber wont so easy. A few years trying to get them back failed. Only 1 thing worked.i brought a wav van when they were short drivers years ago. I asked to turn on regular lyft or no dice.
This last 6 months not 1 lyft regular rides

·
25,518 Posts
Once those kinds of nastygrams start, if you keep cancelling or doing no-covers, Gryft will de-activate you. You can have all of the good reasons in the world or Gryft can have ZERO good reason (which is the usual), but de-activate you Gryft will.

As other posters have advised you, if you actually have a good reason for cancel-after-accept on a specific job, if you call or chat, Harshit will remove that specific job. Still, pay heed to that kind of nastygram, as most posters here who kept up as they were doing eventually were de-activated after receiving said nastygram. Gryft does have another weepygram that it likes to send when you do not accept jobs. You can ignore that one. When Harshit sends you one like this, though, pay attention.

Harshit does not care how good your passenger rating is. He cares that you are cancelling after you accept or not covering. Harshit will care if you have false reports on your record, as he will use those against you when you try to argue with him.

I recently received a nastygram similar to yours. I had just come off a seven day waitlisting due to a false report because I would not let a woman eat potato chips in my car, When you stand up for yourself on either Gryft or Fubar , often you pay a price in the form of a false report. There have been several internal memos at Uber that instruct CSRs always to believe the customer over the driver and if there is nothing clear to indicate which side is right or wrong, the dispute must always be "resolved" in favour of the passenger. I would expect that there are similar memos in circulation at Lyft. I ran Uber during my waitlisting. I had a day like yours: two no-covers due to switcheroos and two cancel after accept when I saw where they were going. I did not get a text, but, the next day, when I checked my on file e-Mail account, there was a nastygram similar to yours. I relied on what other posters here have mentioned, so I have been a Good Boy on Gryft, of late. I limit severely what I do accept and will try for streak bonuses only in certain parts of the city. Further, I will set a long destination filter for some part of the Metropolitan Area where I will work. This will prompt Lyft to give me several trips that go generally in that direction, but do not even come close to it, so that I can avoid trips that I do not want. At the same time, I hit my streak bonus and often can start another one before the hour expires.

Lyft's hypocrisy and double standard is obvious on this one. With the switcheroo, Lyft can take a job away from me arbitrarily. Despite that, I can not throw a job back at Lyft arbitrarily. On the switcheroo, I have no opportunity to accept or reject the job. If I do employ the only method available to reject this job, i.e. cancellation, I am subject to a penalty. This violates my status as an independent contractor. I have tried to argue this with Harshit numerous times, but he pays no attention. He simply answers with the same templated, cookie-cutter, scripted e-Mails.

I suppose that I could sue, but, odds are that Gryft would have to de-activate me before any suit had a chance of success.

Uber had the switcheroo at one point. It ended it quietly. I am guessing that cancellation rates increased markedly.so it dropped the practice. Gryft has not gotten the message.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Are these threats serious at all, or just automated scare tactics that they never take action on?

For instance if I keep canceling after arriving, will they actually suspend/deactivate? Or do nothing?
--------------------------------------------

Even though the threats your received are sent out by the computer, they are a warning and should not be ignored. When you do cancel, you will get a drop down that gives you a list of reasons for the cancellation. Use that list when possible - example: the 5 person ride that you got.
Best not to cancel unless absolutely necessary and give a valid reason when possible.. By the way - the long trip that ends in a dead zone late at night is not a reason to cancel.. You are making assumptions that have no foundation. There may be another long trip waiting for you..
You seem to be a new driver. You are overthinking the entire process, not to mention that you have limited experience and knowledge to support your ideas.. You are making yourself unhappy and will make this job miserable.. JMO

21 - 40 of 68 Posts