Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so a few weeks back I posted about how bright the other cars seem to me, and Im not sure if they are flashing the high beams at me or not....... well it happened again as i was merging onto the 405 going twords long beach, there I was driving i look to the right and see a toyota prius Yellow TAXI merge onto the freeway I was in a good mood when i see the taxi get behind me, and then he starts flashing his lights......
I went from :cool: cool to :mad: WTF!!!!! I was taking the next exit anyway so I got over and waited for him to catch up before exiting...... and flipped him off.
.. I could understand if I did something wrong, but dont hate just to hate. :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
Taxi drivers are INSANE behind the wheel. Unfortunately a good chunk of Uber drivers these days are also former taxi drivers, so now those insane people are in our ranks.

Not much you can do but try to get out of their way.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Just drive slower.

When they pass you up, put your index finger in one of your nostrils and look at your vanity mirror.

Do brake checks as well. I usually do them to people with that kind of attitude. They either keep it up and get in a fender bender, or they learn.

Only time they should flash you is if you're passing them up and you acknowledge their check, or to flash you your high beams are on.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Just drive slower.

When they pass you up, put your index finger in one of your nostrils and look at your vanity mirror.

Do brake checks as well. I usually do them to people with that kind of attitude. They either keep it up and get in a fender bender, or they learn.

Only time they should flash you is if you're passing them up and you acknowledge their check, or to flash you your high beams are on.
Yeah, i slow down and/or brake check idiots a lot. I also make it impossible for people to make a super productive one car passing move and cut me off - when I have no pax, that is. With pax, I give lots of breathing room and don't stress about a thing.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
North towards LB or south towards LB?

405N will get you flashed at repeatedly and darn near run off the road if you try to drive like an LA driver

Repeat after me:
405 N speed limit is 75. Read EIGHTY FOUR CRUISE CONTROL.

This is not speeding or rude, BELOW 80 IS RUDE, speeding is 95-120

Also please remember that 405 is largely INTACT, not like the 605 or something. LA crazy low limits are often dictated by roads being undriveable at higher speeds

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
so a few weeks back I posted about how bright the other cars seem to me, and Im not sure if they are flashing the high beams at me or not....... well it happened again as i was merging onto the 405 going twords long beach, there I was driving i look to the right and see a toyota prius Yellow TAXI merge onto the freeway I was in a good mood when i see the taxi get behind me, and then he starts flashing his lights......
I went from :cool: cool to :mad: WTF!!!!! I was taking the next exit anyway so I got over and waited for him to catch up before exiting...... and flipped him off.
.. I could understand if I did something wrong, but dont hate just to hate. :D
Let's see if I get this correct, as you are trying to merge, car behind you is flashing its headlights ?

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Let's see if I get this correct, as you are trying to merge, car behind you is flashing its headlights ?
Oh mememe! teacher I know!!!!! *waves hand*

And the answer is, "Foolish driver you just almost died!! use your MiRRORS, stop worrying about your rating for bumpy ride and STEP ON ITWHEN MERGING"

Aka:

Ideally merging is the act
Of a FASTER object entering a SLOWER stream

1 - 17 of 17 Posts