Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Dulles and BWI destinations are shitholes because there is almost 0% chance of another ride, at least with DCA you can get a ping in Crystal City almost instantly.
I have certainly found this to be true, particularly with early morning drop offs at Dulles or BWI between 4 and 6 AM.

I can usually get something if I go a little north of Dulles, but BWI… I can't seem to get anything with or without a destination filter back to DC. I usually try to head toward Columbia or Maryland Live to get somebody, but I end up deadheading as much as 45 minutes sometimes.

Any suggestions where to go after dropping at BWI early mornings?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
13,449 Posts
The last time that I took an aeroplane somewhere, the flight was delayed. They said TSA got a tip about a baggage handler. It seems that they had a question about why it lived under a bridge and always carried a fishing pole with it.
Sorry about that I've hit hard times so now drive Uber and love Potomac River fish.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The younger they are, the less likely they are to tip. No one ever taught them business etiquette but they were taught all about entitlements and how to be self-centered. If they don't tip, I'll drop them one star on the rating. Always. No exceptions. If I help with luggage, groceries, child carriers, etc. and they don't tip something, I knock them down two stars. Business people get an automatic 4 star knock down. They're often reimbursed for their travel expenses including tips and have no excuses. No guilt here.

The last time you took a flight how much did you tip the guy who loaded & unloaded your bag from the plane?
If your luggage went below, you paid a fee for that, right?

·
Premium Member
28,032 Posts
The last time you took a flight how much did you tip the guy who loaded & unloaded your bag from the plane?
Every airline except Southwest charges luggage fees.

You generally don't interact with the luggage handlers on the tarmac.

Luggage handlers also get hourly pay and benefits.

Thanks for playing though.

I once met this thing that lived under a bridge and liked to fish. It asked me a bunch of questions, but I would not answer them. I told it that its questions were not pertinent to the matter at hand.
Chin Smile Jaw Font Chest

·
Premium Member
4,665 Posts
The younger they are, the less likely they are to tip. No one ever taught them business etiquette but they were taught all about entitlements and how to be self-centered. If they don't tip, I'll drop them one star on the rating. Always. No exceptions. If I help with luggage, groceries, child carriers, etc. and they don't tip something, I knock them down two stars. Business people get an automatic 4 star knock down. They're often reimbursed for their travel expenses including tips and have no excuses. No guilt here.

If your luggage went below, you paid a fee for that, right?
Uber and Lyft are not free.

Every airline except Southwest charges luggage fees.

You generally don't interact with the luggage handlers on the tarmac.

Luggage handlers also get hourly pay and benefits.

Thanks for playing though.

View attachment 311943
But they handled your bag. So I'm still waiting for your answer......

·
Premium Member
28,032 Posts
But they handled your bag. So I'm still waiting for your answer......
It's apples and oranges as you well know, but I'm bored so I'll play along:

I don't have face to face interactions with luggage handlers on the tarmac.

If I did go onto the tarmac I would have various federal agents drawing guns on me and the airport would be shut down. I would also be violating @Alidean commandment "Thou Shalt Keep Thy Ass Out Of The News"

Luggage comes onto the conveyor belt from behind so I don't see the luggage handler there either.

I have tipped in several circumstances:

*Skycaps that bring someone I'm picking up (my mother's/grandmother's/other elderly person's) luggage to the car

*When luggage has been lost and they deliver it to my house next day

*When luggage is lost then found and is waiting at the office in the airport, if the desk person's been extremely helpful, going above and beyond.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.