Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had this Persian girl yell at me telling me I was going the wrong way, twice, when in fact I was trying to position the car to make a U-turn to go the right way. She made a false assumption. She was one of those nagging types who probably feels that me being male means I'm supposed to be nagged by her, as she may have witnessed her mother do that to her father, and she does that to her boyfriend. Gave her 3-stars for attitude.

Second time had these two Russian women nagging me almost the entire trip. At first because a roadway was blocked with police vehicles, and she kept telling me to "go around" in an annoyed voice. I pointed to her that I can't go around because the entire roadway is blocked and the cops won't let us, and we'll have to wait.

Then shortly after, while in rush hour traffic they were ridiculing me for taking a route that was backed up, and told me to go another route that is "fast." The problem was that all the roads were clogged. I took their suggested route, and that was even slower. The problem is that Waze/Uber were suggesting the quickest routes, which I was taking -- yet these women's suggested "detours" only made the trip take longer.

Usually men just politely request that I go a certain route, as do polite women. It's very simple. I'll take any PAX's requested route as long as it's not dangerous or completely illogical. Some of these women think they need to yell & nag about everything.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
So you had a few entitled Sally's, I would have kicked the 2nd pair out after the 2nd attitude (although in my experience Eastern European women are generally nice and friendly).
I did have a male who got upset I followed the GPS instead of going the way he wanted (which he never articulated to me, like I could read his mind or something) in an area I wasn't too familiar with.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Fellow ride share drivers as pax , both male and female, have been some of the worst back seat drivers for me. Many think they are smarter than the GPS. They aren't. Most don't tip either.

·
Administrator
7,536 Posts
Women leave me alone It’s my male pax that are apparently concerned that I can’t drive without their assistance. :(

·
Premium Member
9,044 Posts
The sober women are usually polite or quiet, but the intoxicated women are extremely flirtatious. That’s been my experience anyway.

·
Premium Member
7,737 Posts
OP probably gave all of these ladies 5*, since in a previous thread he said it's an automatic 5* from him.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Women leave me alone It's my male pax that are apparently concerned that I can't drive without their assistance. :(
Yes! Same here.

Then what would be compliments to many, becomes an insult: "WOW! You're an amazing driver!" (ie, I'm amazed you're able to operate a vehicle without a penis!") "

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OP probably gave all of these ladies 5*, since in a previous thread he said it's an automatic 5* from him.
Nah, I said I give 5* to people who are polite & behave, whether they tip or not. I've given 4* & below to riders who eventually tipped, because they had an attitude or were rude.

Whereas some of you drivers only give out 5* if they're throwing money in your face to worship you with with tips like you're an exotic pole dancer.

·
Premium Member
7,737 Posts
it's an automatic 5 stars from me.
Nah, I said I give 5* to people who are polite & behave, whether they tip or not. I've given 4* & below to riders who eventually tipped, because they had an attitude or were rude.
You are double talking first you say you 5 star if they are polite then you said you 5 star if they dont tip. Tipping service providers is polite not tipping them is rude.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are double talking first you say you 5 star if they are polite then you said you 5 star if they dont tip. Tipping service providers is polite not tipping them is rude.
Then we disagree on definitions then. I disagree that a non-tipper is automatically a "rude" person.

But like I said, the app doesn't let us know they tipped until after we've rated them. Some of the drivers here were saying they demand that the rider leave a tip DURING the ride. Quite demanding of them. The fact is, some riders don't tip until a day later, or even several days later. So it isn't really wise to make blanket assumptions.

From my experience, and it seems everyone else's here, is that most riders don't tip. So are we saying most riders are just rude people? (80% or whatever it may be)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
For me it's mostly guys. Not really being rude, just telling me to "turn here" 3 seconds after I slow down and turn on my blinker. My favorite is when get near the drop off point and they're like, "Stop here! Herehereherehere!!!" and going crazy like a dog when you pull up to the park. So I stop then they go, "No, I mean up there." and point 200 feet up the street where I was going to stop to begin with.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Had this Persian girl yell at me telling me I was going the wrong way, twice, when in fact I was trying to position the car to make a U-turn to go the right way. She made a false assumption. She was one of those nagging types who probably feels that me being male means I'm supposed to be nagged by her, as she may have witnessed her mother do that to her father, and she does that to her boyfriend. Gave her 3-stars for attitude.

Second time had these two Russian women nagging me almost the entire trip. At first because a roadway was blocked with police vehicles, and she kept telling me to "go around" in an annoyed voice. I pointed to her that I can't go around because the entire roadway is blocked and the cops won't let us, and we'll have to wait.
1) How do you know the first was Persian? I don't think a lot of people know who Persian people are. But yes, true Persians can be very strong willed, due to everything they have gone through over the centuries.

2) Were the 2 Russian women living here, or visiting from Russia? Have you ever seen how people drive in Russia? Absolutely crazy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just ask them to sit back and enjoy the ride. If they persist then I threaten to kick them out. That shuts them up. As if driving in hectic traffic isn't bad enough!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
1) How do you know the first was Persian? I don't think a lot of people know who Persian people are. But yes, true Persians can be very strong willed, due to everything they have gone through over the centuries.
I live in a city with the largest Persian population in the US, and picked her up in a part of town where Persians are most concentrated. She looked Persian and her name sounded Persian.

2) Were the 2 Russian women living here, or visiting from Russia? Have you ever seen how people drive in Russia? Absolutely crazy.
Picked them up from a hotel, so likely visiting. And yes, I've seen the videos of the crazy Russian driving. Apparently me driving in a smooth manner, taking the quickest routes like a normal human being freaked her out. There wasn't enough chaos to her liking.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just ask them to sit back and enjoy the ride. If they persist then I threaten to kick them out. That shuts them up. As if driving in hectic traffic isn't bad enough!
Main worry about kicking them out is won't that likely guarantee them giving you a 1*? Or do you just figure it's worth it and it won't have a huge effect on your overall average?

I don't have enough rides yet so a 1* would make my numbers move downward.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts