Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I helped a friend sign up for Uber today and he took his first ride so I told him to throw the driver a couple of bucks tip. I talked to him after the ride and he said the driver said that he was not supposed to take tips. Are you f*cking kidding me!!! Does Uber still tell its new drivers not to take tips? If you have followed the news Uber lost the $100 million dollar law suit in part because it was claiming tip was included. In my eyes it is plain and simple, if we do not get tips or surge pricing we are basically breaking even. Check my previous posts about informing riders that the tip is not included because my tips have doubled since I put signage. Good luck out there and please TAKE TIPS!!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I never turn down a $$, Im also not new. I have noticed everytime i go online I am getting tips more often. This past weekend I recieved 130$ in tips alone which was nice.
I dont push tipping nor do I care either way, it is appreciated though.

Up 30$ in tips just for 3hrs online that I had available today.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Picked up a couple at a local bar this past weekend. I knew them and I met them at the patio. They were working on getting some cash together to be able to tip me. Into the conversation pops some jackwad spewing the following: "Hey! You shouldn't tip...it's against Uber's rules."

Sweet cream Jesus. I told him to STFU so he could allow me to accurately explain the concept of gratuity.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I refused tips all the time. Tips on how to save gas while ride sharing, Tips on how to treat women (drunk women rant) and tips on why I shouldn't use my car to do uber, the same car their currently in carrying them to their destination.

·
Registered
378 Posts
On another note a Pax asked for a $ten or 2 fives as she only had a 20 on her I only had $6 i showed her my wallet and she took the 6 and gave me the 20 and said keep it You never know who;s gonna give a tip or not .Since i had turned down the Kool -Aid at the first Uber meeting i gladly accepted lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts