Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,270 Posts
Let me tell you about my Uber experience, they suck badly you run all over town make very little money and they're cut is unreal trust me stay away from them they're the biggest robbers I've ever seen in my life.
For real? You don't say? Dang, we never heard of such a thing! Thank you for alerting us to this very important public service announcement!
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
64,580 Posts
Thought i told you to fill using High Test Ethyl only !

It misfires on tractor gas !

And i only heard it ding 18 times
But you charged me for 20 gallons !

Enough of your " Up Front " pricing.

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
In all the months of peruising through stories, advice and complaints, hopping and skipping from one thread to another, I have come to this new thread and have read the gospel! Why hasn't anyone else told me this before I put thousands of untold miles on my sweet little car? I'm cancelling my Uber Driver account first thing tomorrow morning... Ok, maybe on Tuesday, possibly Wednesday.
Photograph Musical instrument Purple Membranophone Musician

·
Registered
892 Posts
Let me tell you about my Uber experience, they suck badly you run all over town make very little money and they're cut is unreal trust me stay away from them they're the biggest robbers I've ever seen in my life.
Thanks for your input. Yes, we all echo the same sentiments as you, but if you hate it so much, why drive?

Instead, take what you know now and use it to your advantage. Find the best staging areas. Research best times to be getting rides. Know what events are in town.

When giving a money losing ride, take the longest possible route, while citing "traffic" to the pax.

Uber are robbers, but driving smart can limit how much of a cut they take from you.

Drive safe!

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
I think you're trying to get all the drivers in Okolona to quit so you'll get all the good trips.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
It's good to see more people are catching on about Uber's ridiculous cut of sometimes more than 50% of the fare. It is sad that there are not more national news stories about this. I feel that Uber deserves the negative publicity and they need to be labelled as "poverty creators" and "greedy". They have more than earned that label in the last year.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
I think you're trying to get all the drivers in Okolona to quit so you'll get all the good trips.
I wonder which Okolona she is from. Both town looks like they could have only one stoplight. If she is in MS, she should drive up to Tupelo on the weekends and watch the big bucks start rolling in!!

Seriously... Uber is barely viable in some cities. If I lived in Okolona, I would not be doing Uber. But if I did, I'd use it strictly as rideshare was meant to be used - destination filter to and from my home doing chores and mainly for the tax write off.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
It's good to see more people are catching on about Uber's ridiculous cut of sometimes more than 50% of the fare. It is sad that there are not more national news stories about this. I feel that Uber deserves the negative publicity and they need to be labelled as "poverty creators" and "greedy". They have more than earned that label in the last year.
They need a good 60 minutes expose.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Whoa, good review,another Happy Uber Driver,JMO

I wonder which Okolona she is from. Both town looks like they could have only one stoplight. If she is in MS, she should drive up to Tupelo on the weekends and watch the big bucks start rolling in!!

Seriously... Uber is barely viable in some cities. If I lived in Okolona, I would not be doing Uber. But if I did, I'd use it strictly as rideshare was meant to be used - destination filter to and from my home doing chores and mainly for the tax write off.
Yeah, there's like 2900 people in that garage, 35% of the people are below the poverty line, gotta go where the $$ is,JMO

that towns so small i could fit them all in my Smart car? JMO

1 - 18 of 18 Posts