Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got approved for all requirements for LYFT.

But when I try to go online, it says I should finish my application. When I click the link I see nothing but "approved" status.

What am I missing here? Anyone have up-to-date contact details for LYFT?

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Lyft is the biggest evil, drive for Uber.

Reactions: Gone_in_60_seconds

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Is part of their evil plan to string wannabe drivers along?
Absolutely. This poor guy has no memories of 300% and 400% Primetimes. He will get out there and bust ass for base rates. At least the lesser evil Uber is still giving some surge and bonuses. Lyft needs to ****en die. Pink Uber will never be missed.

Reactions: Gone_in_60_seconds

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
7,141 Posts
I got approved for all requirements for LYFT.

But when I try to go online, it says I should finish my application. When I click the link I see nothing but "approved" status.

What am I missing here? Anyone have up-to-date contact details for LYFT?

Thanks.
Delete the app from you phone
Power off the phone
Power on the phone
reinstall the app
log back in

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Delete the app from you phone
Power off the phone
Power on the phone
reinstall the app
log back in
Thanks, but that didn't work.

I Was finally able to get a hold of someone via text. He asked for my insurance (which LYFT approved).

Uber rejected my insurance since its a temporary card. My assumption is LYFT has done the same thing but is showing my insurance as "approved".

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got an answer: the effective date on my temporary insurance card isn't until 7/20/2021.

It should be effective now. I requested it to be the start of this week. But I'll just wait until then regardless.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
I got an answer: the effective date on my temporary insurance card isn't until 7/20/2021.

It should be effective now, But I'll just wait until then regardless.
How much does Lyft pay per mile and minute in your market? Because that's all you will be getting from these crooks.
Good luck and drive smart.

Reactions: crackedrider

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much does Lyft pay per mile and minute in your market? Because that's all you will be getting from these crooks.
Good luck and drive smart.
No idea. From what I understand from talking with drivers, your pay tends to almost add up to half what the pax pays. Most of the drivers here prefer uber. I just thought LYFT was up and ready to go to start earning now.

The chart on this website states roughly above $1/mile (but I dont know how up-to-date it is).

·
12,559 Posts
No idea. From what I understand from talking with drivers, your pay tends to almost add up to half what the pax pays. Most of the drivers here prefer uber. I just thought LYFT was up and ready to go to start earning now.

The chart on this website states roughly above $1/mile (but I dont know how up-to-date it is).
Whatever drivers are telling you, you make about 50% of what they charge the passengers, are full of shit. Lyft refuses to tell you what they charge the passengers. Even if you email them and ask them, they will refuse to tell you. So there's no way the drivers know they're making about 50% of what the passengers are charged.

Here, it's 60 cents a mile and 20 cents a minute. Now the IRS gives you 56.5 cents a mile deduction for maintenance, depreciation, and gas. So that leaves you making 3.5 cents a mile and 20 cents a minute profit, which will be eaten up by the time you deadhead to the passenger 🤷‍♀️ Enjoy!

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
7,141 Posts
Whatever drivers are telling you, you make about 50% of what they charge the passengers, are full of shit. Lyft refuses to tell you what they charge the passengers. Even if you email them and ask them, they will refuse to tell you. So there's no way the drivers know they're making about 50% of what the passengers are charged.

Here, it's 60 cents a mile and 20 cents a minute. Now the IRS gives you 56.5 cents a mile deduction for maintenance, depreciation, and gas. So that leaves you making 3.5 cents a mile and 20 cents a minute profit, which will be eaten up by the time you deadhead to the passenger 🤷‍♀️ Enjoy!
Did Lyft stop telling you what the passengers paid as a weekly total? Last I knew they at least gave you a weekly total. In my market the last week I drove for them they were taking 63% on average. They shadow banned me because every trip I would send a request asking what my customer paid me before fees. They refused to answer so I kept asking every time.

In rideshare there are two types of profit. Taxable and non taxable. Most peoples cars don't cost 56.5¢ a mile to drive.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Let me be more clear:

As a passenger, I asked one or two drivers how much they were going to make from our trip. I then told them how much I was paying. I didnt do the exact math, but it seemed their commission would equate to 40-45% (almost half).

Since I'm going to need a car anyway, I figured I buy a bucket and use rideshare to help pay it off. This is better than paying uber/lyft to take me places.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts