Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure that when you apply in person, the tlc inspection is enough. But their online application requires submitting a tlc inspection AND a mechanic inspection.

Anyone done this? Can I just submit the tlc inspection certificate twice?

Bonus points if you tell me whether they'll make me wait a week for a background check (also not required when applying in GreenLight Hub)

·
Registered
253 Posts
TLC inspection is the white peace of paper that they give you at the TLC. The other one "mechanic inspection" is the emmissions square sticker that they put on your windshield.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TLC inspection is the white peace of paper that they give you at the TLC. The other one "mechanic inspection" is the emmissions square sticker that they put on your windshield.
They already rejected the square sticker.

Do you have experience applying for Lyft remotely?

·
Registered
847 Posts
The mechanics sticker cannot be more than 3 months old...the expiration on the sticker for TLC vehicles needs to more than 8 months from date.

Not sure if this helps

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All right, I'm good... I submitted my base sticker for the tlc inspection and the tlc inspection certificate for the mechanic inspection. Still don't understand why inspection is a separate item, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts