Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had been doing the Express Drive through Lyft until they raised the required amount of rides needed. I will now be using my personal car and can do both Lyft and Uber. Don't worry, the car is pretty much worthless as it is.

So my question to all of you is what advice do you have for someone new to driving for Uber? Any differences I should look out for between the two? Any advice on how to juggle the two apps?

Please, serious replies and not asinine replies, I genuinely would like advice.

Wow. My DMV check and Background Check cleared in less than 7 hours!

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Depending on your market, you may find pockets of more "Lyft" riders. Be sure to have that app on in those areas. For me, the few Lyft rides I can get make more exclusively due to much higher tip rating.

Juggling the apps can be tricky. After you accept a ping, immediately switch to other app and go "offline," then go back to accepted ping before you hit navigation. I sometimes pull off the road for 10 seconds to get this done BEFORE driving to pick-up. Be consistent.

Be sure your phone has enough memory. Uber, Lyft and navigation can all be resource hogs.
If you have not gotten a phone holder, this switching makes one uber-essential! :)

Enjoy more rides. Uber on.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depending on your market, you may find pockets of more "Lyft" riders. Be sure to have that app on in those areas. For me, the few Lyft rides I can get make more exclusively due to much higher tip rating.

Juggling the apps can be tricky. After you accept a ping, immediately switch to other app and go "offline," then go back to accepted ping before you hit navigation. I sometimes pull off the road for 10 seconds to get this done BEFORE driving to pick-up. Be consistent.

Be sure your phone has enough memory. Uber, Lyft and navigation can all be resource hogs.
If you have not gotten a phone holder, this switching makes one uber-essential! :)

Enjoy more rides. Uber on.
Thanks for the advice! I took a Lyft ride the other day where the driver was brand new to ridesharing. He was signed up for both Lyft and Uber and he had forgotten to sign out of the Uber app when he got my ping. He missed like 5 rides before he realized. So I will definitely make sure I sign out of the other app when I get a ping!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts