Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend I did the bar rush and beyond for both Friday and Saturday. On 3 different occasions I received what I consider large tips ($20, $10, and $10) from solo women who tipped me simply because I didn't hit on them or try to take advantage of their drunkeness. Mind you only the $20 tip was over a $10 fare (I think it was $12).

Seriously? Are the drivers by me that hard up on some action that each one of these women have been harassed consistently that they felt the need to tip for not being? I mean I'm happy for the tips and all, but come on. Keep it in your pants and get them home safely. That's what the service is for. Not a real life Tinder.

Also yes I'm single, but when driving is not the time to try and change that status. /rant off

·
26,804 Posts
I hear similar complaints from female passengers all the time. I guess that they think that I am a harmless guy (I am).

When I was an Official of a cab company, I had to drag a driver into the office over similar on more than one occasion. I used to tell them that when driving the cab, they are out there to drive the cab, only. If they want to hit on females, they need to get into the bath tub, wash with soap, put on the B.O. juice/B.O. stick, put on a shirt, a tie and a pair of clean socks. They must then put some money into their pocket and go out to the club.

There are some people who look at this as a rolling Meat Market.

Reactions: thegamerdad

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
So this weekend I did the bar rush and beyond for both Friday and Saturday. On 3 different occasions I received what I consider large tips ($20, $10, and $10) from solo women who tipped me simply because I didn't hit on them or try to take advantage of their drunkeness. Mind you only the $20 tip was over a $10 fare (I think it was $12).

Seriously? Are the drivers by me that hard up on some action that each one of these women have been harassed consistently that they felt the need to tip for not being? I mean I'm happy for the tips and all, but come on. Keep it in your pants and get them home safely. That's what the service is for. Not a real life Tinder.

Also yes I'm single, but when driving is not the time to try and change that status. /rant off
Too many tanned sunglasses-wearing blow outs bro MMST MMST

1 - 3 of 3 Posts