Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night I was driving a passenger and while I was on the freeway I was getting another ping for an another pick up? does this happen and why? aren't we just supposed to drive one call at a time? ALSO, my app froze a few times and ALSO 2x put me at the wrong address... once on a street nearby and the other time way down the street from where the passenger was waiting... THEN because they had to wait they gave me low stars... sheesh... there should be something that says the low stars are for the app not the driver if the app is the reason for your delay... not cool... I guess they have not ironed out the wrinkles in this app???

·
Registered
771 Posts
Are you familiar with UberPOOL ? If not then I strongly suggest you to read up on it.

It wasnt the apps fault for taking you to the wrong address it was the passengers fault for incorrectly placing the pin in the wrong location or giving the wrong address. It's up you the driver to call and confirm where exactly they are at. Or just cancel after 5min and collect cancellation fee.

Always remember to read up on a job and get familiar with it before you join it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read everything I found... never saw uber pool... thank you, will look that up....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the thing is with uber pool.... is.... for instance, I was on a BUSY freeway in LA..... the thing is flashing and trying to give me directions.... I CAN NOT look at that phone when I am driving.... that is not only illegal, but dangerous.... won't a customer be mad if I don't pick up another pax so their ride is cheeper?

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Not your problem. Read up here on how to work the Pool...meaning don't do it. We don't care about what pax think. We run our own business and don't have to accept any rides.

Especially Pool. And more so the 2nd one. If that ping comes in during pax 1 ride, I can press the back button and the ping sound will only play once. It will cancel itself. [Android]

If you do accept the 2nd one by mistake, quickly cancel it. If pax 1 says anything, just let them know pax 2 canceled.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Same thing I said in a previous post:
"No driver should be doing POOL rides let alone at base rate!
Only accept pool if the surge is higher than 1.5x. Never accept the second rider."

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Same thing I said in a previous post:
"No driver should be doing POOL rides let alone at base rate!
Only accept pool if the surge is higher than 1.5x. Never accept the second rider."
To add to this. Only accept Pool AND X RIDES IN GENERAL if SURGING. Only Ratios of 1.5 or more are profitable(fare:surge payout ratio). Anything less is minimum wage at best.

·
Registered
238 Posts
the thing is with uber pool.... is.... for instance, I was on a BUSY freeway in LA..... the thing is flashing and trying to give me directions.... I CAN NOT look at that phone when I am driving.... that is not only illegal, but dangerous.... won't a customer be mad if I don't pick up another pax so their ride is cheeper?
I agree that Uber Pool is dangerous. It's called distracted driving. I do not accept any Uber Pool rides. Do you know how to skip?

When you get a ping don't be in a hurry, have a look at the screen, it will say Uber X or Uber Pool, accept the ping and then touch the very small square icon in the upper right corner, the info screen will appear and confirm passenger name and their rating, if it is a surge rate and if it is Uber X or Uber Pool. There is a option to Cancel, press Cancel and the next screen to appear will have 5 or 6 questions why you cancelled, touch the "Other" option. So here it is:

Accept, Cancel, Other.

I skip all Pool rides.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts