Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else having issues. Haven’t got a ping in over 15. Did all the normal troubleshooting shooting. Surge was acting weird so I assume there is a problem with the app right now. Time to take a break I guess.

·
Registered
207 Posts
anyone else having issues. Haven't got a ping in over 15. Did all the normal troubleshooting shooting. Surge was acting weird so I assume there is a problem with the app right now. Time to take a break I guess.
Yep....same here John. Was having issues with the Uber app....so I ended up taking 4 Lyft rides in a row. I also ended up taking a few non surge Uber rides and then noticed that it was surging like crazy and proceeded to get nothing. Something was clearly wrong with the Uber app this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
anyone else having issues. Haven't got a ping in over 15. Did all the normal troubleshooting shooting. Surge was acting weird so I assume there is a problem with the app right now. Time to take a break I guess.
You need to adapt. There is plenty of opportunity in the greater Boston area, particularly on a Friday night. The weather is nice, there is a Red Sox game going on, and UMass just graduated today. I was able to make $45/hour this afternoon with no surge on any rides. It was just about putting myself in the right spot at the right time and maximizing the promotions that Lyft and Uber both gave me. Plus, the CTB was just a cherry on top and really made the driving worthwhile today. Work smarter, not harder is my motto and I think you will eventually be able to get there if you learn some of the tricks I have.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You need to adapt. There is plenty of opportunity in the greater Boston area, particularly on a Friday night. The weather is nice, there is a Red Sox game going on, and UMass just graduated today. I was able to make $45/hour this afternoon with no surge on any rides. It was just about putting myself in the right spot at the right time and maximizing the promotions that Lyft and Uber both gave me. Plus, the CTB was just a cherry on top and really made the driving worthwhile today. Work smarter, not harder is my motto and I think you will eventually be able to get there if you learn some of the tricks I have.
That was kinda funny.....I bet you John laughed at that one a little

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That was kinda funny.....I bet you John laughed at that one a little
I agree but uber platform needs to work. Started working again around 6:40. Maybe lost half hour but I was on the phone with support collecting my $5 ctb so at least I made productive use of the time. Still around $40 per with incentives over 8 hours today. Going to have a nice dinner then cleanup with the events. I won't go to Fenway but just areas nearby.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
This literally had me pissing my pants laughing. Kudos.

I agree but uber platform needs to work. Started working again around 6:40. Maybe lost half hour but I was on the phone with support collecting my $5 ctb so at least I made productive use of the time. Still around $40 per with incentives over 8 hours today. Going to have a nice dinner then cleanup with the events. I won't go to Fenway but just areas nearby.
And of course, John doesn't get it. Are you really that stupid that you can't see he was making fun of how dumb you sound when you talk like that?

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Dropped off a PAX in Needham Heights around 6pm and surged showed DARK RED for miles but I didn't get a single ping. Surge fluctuated from dark red to NONE for like 30 minutes. I was lucky to make $140 before that mess started. I'm on break now. I'll head out to Boston Calling late tonight.

Folks don't forget the sports bars post-Celtics game, should be decent Friday late night.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
You might have encountered the new rolling annual background check. All of Uber's employees are oblivious to it until you go into a green light hub. They shut off my ability to receive requests at 8pm last Saturday with no indications whatsoever. My app showed me as online, but hours went by with no requests. 4 days went by before I was only notified by Checker that it was complete and that I could go online again. Not Uber.

https://uberpeople.net/threads/problem-receiving-ride-requests.261371/

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.