Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Newbie here. (Go easy on me lol) I seem to be having some issue with the app though (from what I read...go figure lol)but it freezes in the middle of me pushing accept a ping. It's done this twice today. =/

Im trying to go for the 1st month $3500 guarantee and didnt know if when the system freezes and now it shows up a cancel for that trip if that would count negatively against my acceptance rate for the guarantee?
because I have otherwise accepted 100% of the rides that came to me.

Any helpful advise on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do those cancellations count against my acceptance rate? I didnt cancel.

It froze in the middle of accepting and now I can see in the trip log a cancelled trip but no other details are listed out by it to see though. =/

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Hi there,
Newbie here. (Go easy on me lol) I seem to be having some issue with the app though (from what I read...go figure lol)but it freezes in the middle of me pushing accept a ping. It's done this twice today. =/

Im trying to go for the 1st month $3500 guarantee and didnt know if when the system freezes and now it shows up a cancel for that trip if that would count negatively against my acceptance rate for the guarantee?
because I have otherwise accepted 100% of the rides that came to me.

Any helpful advise on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
App has been going thru an update by Uber...go to google play store and get the update on the app or reinstall the drivers app. I've have similar issues this week with app shutting down, rebooting my phone, last trip stays on bottom of screen, etc. Try to restart the app or your phone if it freezes and send an email to Uber about the issue. Good Luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help!! I think its definitely a Uber issue with the app.

If like 3 of the rides are showing as cancelled under my trips but I didnt cancel (never have) the app froze, logged me out and when I logged back in it shows a cancelled trip. How does this affect your overall trip amount acceptance rating?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for the help!! I think its definitely a Uber issue with the app.

If like 3 of the rides are showing as cancelled under my trips but I didnt cancel (never have) the app froze, logged me out and when I logged back in it shows a cancelled trip. How does this affect your overall trip amount acceptance rating?
It has a negative impact, ju a thought email them, explain, and they'll change it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Acceptance rating is based on when you "accept" to pick someone up. If your screen stuck hopefully you closed the app right away. If not don't worry you have a whole month to make up the difference if something went against you. I forgot the % but think its like 90% or higher.

Also I believe in the weekly statement it says your acceptance rating.

If you have one cancel don't worry about it. If you have 3 back to back do to the stuck app then I would email Uber to just report the issue you had.

Good luck on the Guarantee!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Do those cancellations count against my acceptance rate? I didnt cancel.

It froze in the middle of accepting and now I can see in the trip log a cancelled trip but no other details are listed out by it to see though. =/
Android OS for Uber is very buggy. When Uber was made they started with iOS platform then Android. What kind if error message did you receive? Did it say "403 Forbidden "? If so the client may have canceled request.

When they cancel it does not go against you. When u cancel it does. Missing pings also goes against you.

That 403 Forbidden error can **** your shit up, though.

Surprised you didn't say "Uninstall the app & find another job"
Do exactly just that, TexasKeleigh .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Android r Uber is very buggy. When Uber was made they started with iOS platform then Android. What kind if error message did you receive? Did it say "403 Forbidden "? If so the client may have canceled request.

When they cancel it does not go against you. When u cancel it does. Missing pings also goes against you.

That 403 Forbidden error can **** your shit up, though.

Do exactly just that, TexasKeleigh .
HA lol. Well... after last nights fun (not) with the app crashing I just about threw in the towel but I dont quit that easily. I still wanted to see it all for myself because yes its not that substantial of a dollar amount but it still is enough for cash daily. I lease the car (2011 Toyota Corolla) for $100 a week with full coverage insurance & a full warranty on it. ;) So my only extra expense is gas and thats just going to be paid regardless where I work just maybe a bit more. I get 27/31 mpg though so not bad..

But my problem is the damn app lol Yes, that 403 Forbidden code plus it shows a ping I click it and it disappears and then shows a cancel.

I didnt cancel and have always tapped to accept the ping, but the system froze and marked it a cancel. How do I know if it was them cancelling? And not Uber doing it.
I emailed them and they said they are aware of the issue but didnt answer me in regards to the 5 times that its happened in 2 days AND with only 15 rides completed bc the system takes 2 hour plus for a ping.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
HA lol. Well... after last nights fun (not) with the app crashing I just about threw in the towel but I dont quit that easily. I still wanted to see it all for myself because yes its not that substantial of a dollar amount but it still is enough for cash daily. I lease the car (2011 Toyota Corolla) for $100 a week with full coverage insurance & a full warranty on it. ;) So my only extra expense is gas and thats just going to be paid regardless where I work just maybe a bit more. I get 27/31 mpg though so not bad..

But my problem is the damn app lol Yes, that 403 Forbidden code plus it shows a ping I click it and it disappears and then shows a cancel.

I didnt cancel and have always tapped to accept the ping, but the system froze and marked it a cancel. How do I know if it was them cancelling? And not Uber doing it.
I emailed them and they said they are aware of the issue but didnt answer me in regards to the 5 times that its happened in 2 days AND with only 15 rides completed bc the system takes 2 hour plus for a ping.
how many miles are you allowed on that lease?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thankfully its unlimited miles. ;) Check out an app called Relay Rides. I found someone on there to rent to me off the site thru his company. Yes, he knows im Ubering. I am added on thru his commercial insurance policy and my own also.
His company rents cars so he knows all the legalities that go along with it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thankfully its unlimited miles. ;) Check out an app called Relay Rides. I found someone on there to rent to me off the site thru his company. Yes, he knows im Ubering. I am added on thru his commercial insurance policy and my own also.
His company rents cars so he knows all the legalities that go along with it.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm working right now and this is happening to me!!!! The map overlay on uber for ios won't load and the app won't recognize when I accept rides!!!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I'm working right now and this is happening to me!!!! The map overlay on uber for ios won't load and the app won't recognize when I accept rides!!!
Do this:
Close ALL apps
Turn off phone
5-10 minutes turn it back on
Go to settings and set your necessary apps to "use cellular data" (green) and all others to NOT use cellular data.
Does uber app work now?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Having this issue today. Had a pretty profitable first week making more than $100 each day in earnings, and have been working about 5pm to 3am. (I am not a morning person.) When I started at 4:30p today, I got one ping and I pressed to accept and as soon as I accepted it, it said, "The request has expired." This was from my house at the Energy Corridor. I then get another ping about 3 minutes later from Clay Road and the app froze. I reset my phone and turned it on. No pings for an hour. Finally got a ping nearby and took a group of people to the Dynamo's stadium downtown. After I dropped them off, I was stuck in some pretty darn thick traffic. I got a ping and it said they were 4 minutes away. I instantly slapped it (like I do ALL my pings--I *should* be at 100%) but it got stuck on a screen "Accepting request..." and it was stuck for a good 10 minutes with the circling busy cursor before I reset my phone. This was at around 7:30pm. With the phone back on, I headed over to the Kroger on Montrose and parked for about an hour. No pings. I drove by that hopping La Grange bar on Westheimer and Ralph several times with all sorts of Uber pick ups going on around me, but didn't get one ping. I then drove back home, all the way back to I-10 outside the west Beltway where I live... no pings.

I have Cricket. I haven't had a problem with them all week, and other apps such as email and Facebook seem to connect to the network just fine. Uber has been sluggish just today. What should I do?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think its a dang setup. Im here in the woodlands and seem to only have this issue on the weekend. Not enough business here for me to get my pressure up

·
Registered
191 Posts
Or I wonder if it's because I've been doing it one week and now since there's probably been X amount of new drivers since a week ago that they're getting pings while I'm now considered a "seasoned" UBER driver by now. Maybe it doesn't have to do with being the closest to the ride request after all.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts